Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1871 Posts

·
13 Posts
Great news! Any insight as to what the hold-up was? Can you check what version of the software is installed?

Trying to understand if port processing is simply that slow or if the "Hold" rumours are true and if they're doing something to the AWDs in port before the cars can clear customs.
here you go....

Attachments

·
13 Posts
here you go....
Great news! Any insight as to what the hold-up was? Can you check what version of the software is installed?

Trying to understand if port processing is simply that slow or if the "Hold" rumours are true and if they're doing something to the AWDs in port before the cars can clear customs.
Also - my sales guy who was very nice and professional had zero info about the delay. In addition, my "wheel of torture" still shows 5/7, although checking the internal code, I went to 50 on day of delivery. No emails from VW telling me status changed. At any rate, the car is sitting in my driveway now ;-)

·
24 Posts
Also - my sales guy who was very nice and professional had zero info about the delay. In addition, my "wheel of torture" still shows 5/7, although checking the internal code, I went to 50 on day of delivery. No emails from VW telling me status changed. At any rate, the car is sitting in my driveway now ;-)
Lucky! Enjoy your new toy!

·
Expecting Red AWD
30 Posts
Team, my ID.4 has been sitting in port of Houston in 30-2 (before customs) state for 2 weeks after Felicity Ace moored in the port on 11/8/21. Are there any other ID.4'rers in the same situation? I have asked my dealer if I can pick it up sooner enroute (drive it up to Washington State myself), and that of course is not possible. Wondering if others are in the same situation if we get a critical mass of people to approach VWoA about sooner pick-up enroute... Thoughts?

·
73 Posts
Team, my ID.4 has been sitting in port of Houston in 30-2 (before customs) state for 2 weeks after Felicity Ace moored in the port on 11/8/21. Are there any other ID.4'rers in the same situation? I have asked my dealer if I can pick it up sooner enroute (drive it up to Washington State myself), and that of course is not possible. Wondering if others are in the same situation if we get a critical mass of people to approach VWoA about sooner pick-up enroute... Thoughts?
same same.

·
41 Posts
The sales guy at the dealer called me today and said that an email I'd sent to one of the ports in Benicia had shaken enough trees that the VP of West Coast sales sent the dealership an email letting them know they were releasing the ID.4 from the port by weeks end and hoped to have it at the dealership prepped and ready for me to pick up early next week.

I'll adopt the Missouri "Show Me" stance on this but it was good news... Also, if this happens, it does I guess proved that sometimes the squeaky wheel does indeed get oiled.

·
11 Posts
Still 30-2 at Houston here but inter675's arrived at their dealer without ever updating to 30-3 or 35-x, so there's hope cars are getting released to a carrier/train from Houston and not updating. Would be good if someone had access to BNSF's VIN tracing system as they could see if the cars have been loaded and where they are. The VIN tracing system used to be available to everyone, you just needed the last 8-digits of the VIN, but it's only available to BNSF customers now.

·
24 Posts
Still 30-2 at Houston here but inter675's arrived at their dealer without ever updating to 30-3 or 35-x, so there's hope cars are getting released to a carrier/train from Houston and not updating. Would be good if someone had access to BNSF's VIN tracing system as they could see if the cars have been loaded and where they are. The VIN tracing system used to be available to everyone, you just needed the last 8-digits of the VIN, but it's only available to BNSF customers now.
Anyone have access?

·
2021 ID.4 AWD Pro S w/Gradient - Moonstone Grey
31 Posts
It's nice to see some movement on reservations. Meanwhile I'm still at 30-2 and have been for awhile. No updates from anyone

·
26 Posts
Just heard from my salesman that our ID.4 left Emden yesterday, no vessel information that he can see. We're in New England, so Davisville is our port and typically this is around a 11-14 day trip, as I understand. But he's saying it isn't going to arrive in Davisville until January 4th. I can't figure out which vessel left Emden yesterday. Can anyone give me a hand figuring that out?

·
71 Posts
Just heard from my salesman that our ID.4 left Emden yesterday, no vessel information that he can see. We're in New England, so Davisville is our port and typically this is around a 11-14 day trip, as I understand. But he's saying it isn't going to arrive in Davisville until January 4th. I can't figure out which vessel left Emden yesterday. Can anyone give me a hand figuring that out?
Here's the Davisville berthing schedule:

The 3 ships currently scheduled for December-January from VW Germany are the RCC Prestige, the Felicity Ace, and the Siem Aristotle. This is subject to change of course. Of those ships, only the RCC Prestige recently left Emden. You can track ships at:

I'm in New England, too, and scheduled to arrive in Dec-Jan. Just curious when you locked your order and what ID4 trim you ordered, if you don't mind sharing. I locked in mid-September for an AWD Pro S.

·
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S w/ Gradient Package - Reserved 3/11/21 - Locked in 8/26/21
25 Posts
I'm in New England, too, and scheduled to arrive in Dec-Jan. Just curious when you locked your order and what ID4 trim you ordered, if you don't mind sharing. I locked in mid-September for an AWD Pro S.

From the ID Tracking Sheet...

jsflew8/3/20218/12/2021January 2211/15/2021Pro SRWDDusk BlueNH; Salesperson indicates 11/15 Production Complete; Ship departing 11/22; Dealership arrival 1/4-1/18

·
ID.4 Pro AWD Scale Silver (reserved)
17 Posts
I'm in New England too and mine finished production on 11/23. The dealer reservation system seems to be putting out VERY conservative estimates of shipping times. The one I got from the dealer has a leaving port estimate of 12/2 (seems reasonable) and a domestic port arrival of 1/10 (seems off by a couple weeks given the other transit times I've seen to Davisville on the spreadsheet. I'm hoping mine is on the Felicity Ace arriving on 12/22.

1821 - 1840 of 1871 Posts