Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new id4 died on my way home in my driveway 20 minutes after I left the dealer. Undid my seat belt. And the car shut down. No way would it restart. It had to be Flatbed towed back to the dealer. Still waiting to find out what’s going on. It’s been three days. Meanwhile the dealer gave me a loaner. Seems to me they should also be paying for my gas. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
935 Posts
My brand new id4 died on my way home in my driveway 20 minutes after I left the dealer. Undid my seat belt. And the car shut down. No way would it restart. It had to be Flatbed towed back to the dealer. Still waiting to find out what’s going on. It’s been three days. Meanwhile the dealer gave me a loaner. Seems to me they should also be paying for my gas. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Sorry to hear. Were there any messages on the screen, or did the whole thing just go dark?

·
Proud FE owner
1,000 Posts
@norman, I sent you a dm. Check your conversations.

Reactions: norman

·
3 Posts
So what happened? Was it resolved? My car’s internet stopped working, so no carnet, no internet radio. Send the car to dealer on Wednesday, still can’t fix the issue. Also got a loaner car but they wanted me to pay for gas too. Fighting them on that now. Please let me know how was it resolved.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what happened? Was it resolved? My car’s internet stopped working, so no carnet, no internet radio. Send the car to dealer on Wednesday, still can’t fix the issue. Also got a loaner car but they wanted me to pay for gas too. Fighting them on that now. Please let me know how was it resolved.
Everything was repaired.

·
ID.4 FE GW
506 Posts
Everything was repaired.
What part(s) failed, how long did the repair take, and do you have the fault code(s)?

Mine failed and got a flatbed ride to the dealer's service department when its shifter broke about a month ago. The diagnosis was quick, it took the part 1 week to arrive, and the car was repaired within a day after that. Fault code P085D00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts