Volkswagen ID Forum banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
ID.4 FE Blue
17 Posts
Interesting that it's gone from the configurator already.

My wife and I had a SR Model Y for an overnight test drive yesterday, and the salesman said nothing about it being discontinued. We were seriously considering putting in an order after the price drop, but the test drive really underwhelmed us. We drove it on two lane highways from Seattle out to Snoqualmie Falls and back, and Autopilot was simply terrible. The wipers were a pain to turn on and adjust in the rain (and the auto setting was far too infrequent to keep up with the rain), the pop-out door handles were awkward for my wife's small hands, and the huge central screen was a mess of information that made it hard to find what you needed while driving. Plus, we put a supercharger into the navigation and let the battery precondition as we drove to it, and after plugging in it only drew 75kW and quickly tapered down to 39kW after a few minutes, even after preconditioning and with a 40% state of charge. We returned the car this morning, and have lost all interest in getting one.
Three things I love about the model Y are acceleration, efficiency and stealth mode. However, they took the minimalism a step too far. There is a reason why every car has easily adjustable air vents. The shade for the glass roof, Apple Car Play and the built quality are the main reasons why I will stick with my FE reservation.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts