Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow will be free charging for everyone!! I'm expecting lines to charge tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, has anyone encountered wait times at EA today?

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does EA do a free charge day often? Is this for a promotion or something?
As far as I am aware, this is just for today, Earth Day. I don't know if they have done this in the past.

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's true. I'm charging now at Columbia, MD at Dobbin Walmart. It's free anyway 😁.
Was anyone else there charging?

·
Proud FE owner
1,025 Posts
I've been checking the app for my area (Seattle) throughout the day. I've only seen two in use. Many more unavailable.

Reactions: Spin

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been checking the app for my area (Seattle) throughout the day. I've only seen two in use. Many more unavailable.
Same here on Long Island. None in use at my local site.

·
2021 1st
869 Posts
I wouldn't expect a lot of people be crammed into them. It's not like we have massive EV adoption anyway but aside from Musk's spiel most people prefer to charge at home (and/or work/school)--I'd say it's one of the perks of EV ownership.

·
16 Posts
Oh, I was expecting to be frustrated using an EA station for the first time today, but was surprised when I plugged it in and it started charging automatically. I assumed it must have been due to some updated to be more in line with Ford Pass and Tesla not because it was Earth Day and charging was free! Glad I saw this thread.

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
~Same in the good ol' days (ok, a scant month ago) when using Mobil's App for gasoline (whatever that is). ;)

Oh, I was expecting to be frustrated using an EA station for the first time today, but was surprised when I plugged it in and it started charging automatically. I assumed it must have been due to some updated to be more in line with Ford Pass and Tesla not because it was Earth Day and charging was free! Glad I saw this thread.
It might have been because of Earth Day. I find it best to select the Charger Site on the app, then select the particular charger, swipe to start charging, then plug in. Works best for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts