Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently the ID.4 Statement here in north America will have an illuminated VW logo. Saw this on Facebook.

It seems to be a bit much in my opinion. What do you all think about it? I hope it can be turned off. If someone gets to talk or ask questions to VW marketing or engineers, can you ask if it can be disabled?

In Europe they just have the illuminated lines in the grille, but the logo isn't illuminated. I think this looks a lot better

Proud FE owner
German law prohibits the illuminated logo, but it's available in all other countries.

It has been deleted from the US 1st Edition spec.

I think it looks great with it. Many other manufacturers have them in the US.

I still haven't decided if I like the illuminated logo or not. I am getting the AWD statement version so it will have the lighted logo. I expect that if I don't want the lit logo, I can just unplug it from the harness. As I understand it, the initial 1st editions didn't have the illuminated logo because the original wiring harness's didn't have the connector for the logo.

I had a Subaru from the eighties with a center headlight with an auto-retracting eyelid. Loved that cyclops light. That would be far better! ;):D:LOL::ROFLMAO::poop:

ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
German law prohibits the illuminated logo, but it's available in all other countries.
I wish they would pass that law here too instead of having laws restricting advancements in headlights.

Proud FE owner
I wish they would pass that law here too instead of having laws restricting advancements in headlights.
Approval of headlight technologies will come - it's not really a law against it. Why beg for more laws?

Reactions: Fahrenheit533

I still haven't decided if I like the illuminated logo or not. I am getting the AWD statement version so it will have the lighted logo. I expect that if I don't want the lit logo, I can just unplug it from the harness. As I understand it, the initial 1st editions didn't have the illuminated logo because the original wiring harness's didn't have the connector for the logo.
Now that the ID4 FE is delayed here in USA till Q1 here is hoping that that wiring harness is put back on for illuminated VW logo

ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
Approval of headlight technologies will come - it's not really a law against it. Why beg for more laws?
The illuminated logo law was tongue in cheek, if you want to be that guy that wants to drive around with an illuminated logo, that's your prerogative.

Unfortunately, for the headlights there are laws against it. The technologies issues in the U.S are stymied by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard laws, some of which are more than 50 years old and can not adapt to new technologies (similar issue with using cameras in lieu of mirrors).

Reactions: EVW
1 - 8 of 8 Posts