Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and felicitations. I have a reservation for a Tesla Cybertruck, and joined up here and subscribed to the ID.Buzz forum to hopefully get early warning of when VW starts taking orders for the vehicle. In two or three (or maybe more) years I want to be in a position to take delivery on one or the other.

Deeply in love with the Cybertruck, but heck, I've owned 3 Beetles, 2 Westies, and one VW van. Built a racing engine once for a '68 Beetle. I'm retired now, but would love to drive an electrified VW van before heading into the sunset. Bookends.

ID.4 Pro S AWD
Greetings and felicitations. I have a reservation for a Tesla Cybertruck, and joined up here and subscribed to the ID.Buzz forum to hopefully get early warning of when VW starts taking orders for the vehicle. In two or three (or maybe more) years I want to be in a position to take delivery on one or the other.

Deeply in love with the Cybertruck, but heck, I've owned 3 Beetles, 2 Westies, and one VW van. Built a racing engine once for a '68 Beetle. I'm retired now, but would love to drive an electrified VW van before heading into the sunset. Bookends.
Welcome aboard. I wonder how big the pool is of consumers cross shopping the Cybertruck and the ID.Buzz?

Reactions: This_is_not_a_drill

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard. I wonder how big the pool is of consumers cross shopping the Cybertruck and the ID.Buzz?
Thank you. Yeah, gee, both vehicles have a cool-factor that is off the charts, but each sort of hits different market segments. But maybe not. I mean the bed of the CT will have a cover, juxtaposed to the cargo version of the microbus. I have actually been trying to buy a Tesla for 4 years -first a Model 3 and later a Model Y- and it just hasn't worked out (driving a Chevy Bolt at present). So maybe three times is a charm.

But since I pre-ordered the CT, the news about the microbus being a real thing surfaced. I don't actually need a pickup. I am retired and drive Uber on weekends to make payments (preferable alternative to Turo). After initially being repelled by the CT, it occurred to me that it might well make one of the badest-a** Uber vehicles ever. There are actually guys who use their pickup for Uber and report that passengers love that it fits all their luggage for airport runs. The CT will hold 5 passengers, plus the driver.

But the Microbus also looks like a shoe-in for rideshare. Is there a guess as to how many the Microbus will hold? Looks like potentially A LOT.

ID.4 Pro S AWD
Is there a guess as to how many the Microbus will hold? Looks like potentially A LOT.
It will probably be configurable (or even adjustable/slideable). I've seen it configured with the rows with Captain seats fir the 2nd row.

Reactions: This_is_not_a_drill

ID.4 Pro S AWD
Have you seen the Alpha Wolf?

Alpha now has four different vaporware cars. The original looks like an Alfa Romeo from the 70s and then they just went from there (I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Alpha sounds remarkably similar to Alfa).

Have you seen the Alpha Wolf?

Alpha now has four different vaporware cars. The original looks like an Alfa Romeo from the 70s and then they just went from there (I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Alpha sounds remarkably similar to Alfa).
I have seen there different models (images). Looks cool but I question if they will ever be built. At least Canoo actually built the truck.

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another cool EV is the Canoo pickup. Reminds me a lot of the Microbus truck.
It does indeed look like the VW truck. One of my favorite all time vehicles. But WOW. The Canoo rocks. It hadn't come across my desk before. So clearly that is the CT competitor. But it also seems to be taking on one of the most outstanding features of the Rivian truck; extensibility. Isn't it great to witness a properly thought out product? The Canoo looks like it has more options than Barbie has outfits. I have to tell you, at first blush, between the three, my money has it that the Canoo is the truck that's going to be showing up on the job site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.