Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2021 First Edition
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my FE for over a year with very few issues. Within the past week, however, the infotainment system started rebooting constantly. The screen freezes, then everything goes black for about 15 seconds before it reboots. It's now to the point where it is rebooting every 5-10 minutes.

I took it into the dealer two days ago. They "reset" the infotainment system and told me to wait patiently for 3.0 to arrive. The reset didn't work, so there's no way I'm waiting for 3.0. I need to take it back in.

Before I do that, I'd like to ask if anyone else has experienced this issue and what they did to resolve it. The next time I go in to the dealer, I'd like to have some idea of what's going on.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
3,906 Posts
I haven't, and haven't read similar reports from others.

If Service is so convinced your 2.1 is corrupt and 3.0 will fix it, then for now they ought to reload 2.1 since nobody else with 2.1 is experiencing this issue.

If it's not the software (and I suspect it isn't but just spitballing), then you have a hardware issue that a software update most likely won't address.

·
1,103 Posts
Could even be something as simple as a shorting button. I would ask to speak to the service manager but be polite and just point out the vehicle is currently DNF.

·
14 Posts
I've had my FE for over a year with very few issues. Within the past week, however, the infotainment system started rebooting constantly. The screen freezes, then everything goes black for about 15 seconds before it reboots. It's now to the point where it is rebooting every 5-10 minutes.

I took it into the dealer two days ago. They "reset" the infotainment system and told me to wait patiently for 3.0 to arrive. The reset didn't work, so there's no way I'm waiting for 3.0. I need to take it back in.

Before I do that, I'd like to ask if anyone else has experienced this issue and what they did to resolve it. The next time I go in to the dealer, I'd like to have some idea of what's going on.
Call VW direct before you do. This seems to be a manufacturer's defect. It sounds as if the unit is overheating. Either way, you should not have to wait, at all. Besides that, if it's doing it with the current software for you, but no one else, why believe that 3.0 would cure it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts