Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Infotainment Screen Customization

11K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Giesend 
#1 · (Edited)
I found a handy video showing how to add an extra screen to the choices:

This allows me to have a 2 pane panel in the first slot, showing media on the left (specifically which concert is playing on the Sirius/XM Grateful Dead channel) and the complete current trip computer information on the right. This lets me toggle between the Home Screen and this new 2 panel screen just by tapping the home button, no need to swipe.

What is everyone else using for their favorite layouts? I still wish I could see % SoC on anywhere other than the charging screen and battery temp is unavailable anywhere (other than a scan tool) but overall this is pretty useful:

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
I ordinarily prefer to not use a split screen view in infotainment systems that offer it, but I’m kinda getting into the idea with the ID.4. Maybe it’s because of how it presents the two tiles, like separate tiles and not an interconnected display that seems to jumble the info together. Can you have this view with the map in one tile (the larger one on the left) and the current selected media (e.g., Bluetooth, satellite, USB) in the other tile?

#4 ·
I don’t think I’d find myself swiping screens that often. I’m a creature of habit and in the three vehicles I own now, two are “permanently” on the full screen map display and the other on the full screen media display (because it doesn’t have nav). Kind of like automatic climate control. I’m a set-it-and-forget-it kinda person. Most I do is turn the A/C on or off depending on ambient temps and whether it’s raining or not.

#8 ·
Thanks! I’m OK with the map going fullscreen when you touch it. I just like the map up all the time for info purposes, and for that the smaller map seems fine. If I’m actively using the navigation I’d want it fullscreen anyway. I need to setup a test drive with my dealer and check these kinds of things out. My AWD Pro S is obviously a ways out.

#9 ·
Are you the type of person who wants to see the whole map or are you ok with turn by turn directions? The turn by turn will show up in the binnacle (screen in front of your steering wheel) while you have two other things in that screen configuration. My wife needs the whole map so she'd need it the way you want to do it here, but if you don't I wanted to point out you don't need a map on the infotainment screen to get operable nav.

#14 ·
I found a handy video showing how to add an extra screen to the choices:

I still wish I could see % SoC on anywhere other than the charging screen and battery temp is unavailable anywhere (other than a scan tool) but overall this is pretty useful:

View attachment 2690
What is this "scan tool" that you speak of? I have been interested in seeing the battery temp but can't find where it can be viewed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.