Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Infotainment screen protector

7K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  rth121 
#1 ·
Has anyone found a screen protector for the infotainment (center console) screen that is pre-cut?

#3 ·
#5 ·
OK guys and gals in Houston here is your chance:

We are actively searching for this vehicle to get the template designed. If you are in any Facebook groups or Internet forums for the ID.4 you could make a post about us and see if anyone is in Houston TX and would like one for FREE. If you find someone for us that is in Houston, TX and is willing to allow us to design a template I will also provide you with a Free kit for helping us out!

On Apr 7, 2021, at 9:31 AM, Squarespace <form-submission@squarespace.info> wrote:

Sent via form submission from theOCDplug.com
Name: Jack Ezroj

#9 ·
It also says it‘s for a 10” screen.

#17 ·
No alignment guides since they are not needed. This fits over the whole window and is applied no differently than protective glass on a phone. You remove the plastic backing (part A) and mount on glass, after that you remove the protective film. Perfect fit, as to smudges I don’t see any issues, sometimes the buttons will react just before you touch the glass but not to the point that they would be going off on their own. Hand signals also work as they should

#18 ·
No alignment guides since they are not needed. This fits over the whole window and is applied no differently than protective glass on a phone. You remove the plastic backing (part A) and mount on glass, after that you remove the protective film. Perfect fit, as to smudges I don’t see any issues, sometimes the buttons will react just before you touch the glass but not to the point that they would be going off on their own. Hand signals also work as they should
Got it. Thanks.

@Jorze You might have missed @theboomr's question. Was this your item? link It's the one @javi_ID4 mentioned previously and the only one that I find when I search Aliexpress, but the current price doesn't match. You probably used some coupon. Seems to come with protector for the steering wheel display as well.

#19 ·

Name: Navigation Protection Film or Dashboard Display Film
Material: Glass
Package: 1 set
Product description:
1.Using Steel material,electrostatic adsorption,no defective gum.
2.Surface through special processing,4H scratchproof.
3.99% Light transmitting.
Important Note: This item just suitable for Volkswagen ID.4 2021-Present
1. Compare the navigation screen.
2. Use fiber cloth to wipe clean.
3. Tear protective film on the surface of the first layer Steel protection, on the navigation screen.
4. Paste while card to eliminate air bubbles, finally tore open the third layer Steel protective film.
Noted:
For protect film and in order to facilitate to tear down the film,the edge of the membrane and navigation screen edge a little bit of space, thank you for your understanding.

They have both, I only bought the 12"

#20 ·
Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I just ordered my screen protector set from OCD website. I do want the anti finger smudges, hopefully I will like the anti glare due to it being matte. I sure hope it does not mute out any of the vibrance of the screen.

#22 ·
I bought the one from theocdplug.com. At first when it arrived both were rolled and I wanted to send it back. Then I decided to apply them using their directions. Both went on beautifully and the bubbles eventually disappeared. They are very thin and have a matte finish. In my opinion they are perfect!!

#25 ·
Too bad OCDPLUG still haven't released one for the 10" display... I "was" working with him, sent in my original factory screen film and he told me that he'll get it out shortly, but was ghosted by him - no response for over 2 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.