Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Interesting ID.4 "Regular EV Dad" YouTube channel

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  wosejam109 
#1 ·
Just discovered an interesting YouTube channel: Regular EV Dad
Planning a trip from San Jose to NYC in his ID4.
Lots of other traveling topics also. Try it you may like it. Too much countryside traveling b-roll out the front window though on too many videos.
Interesting opinions on ID4 topics.

Discussion starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi - Thats me. I put chapters in the description so you can skip the driving part. Its a personal taste thing - I enjoy the Kyle Conner videos on out of spec, but I also like actual charging time and data, so I put it all in, and then edit in the breaks for you. I cant make everyone happy, I am married :)

Btw, you have two hours left to enter the contest to win the Muddy Buddy Cargo Liners - please subscribe

I hope you all enjoyed the memorial weekend with your co-pilots.

Jon, nice meeting you semi-formally 😉. I just skip through all the beautiful scenery until I see your commentary of which I enjoy and learn. I am subscribed. It's so brown in SOCAL compared to the green in central MD.
I'm waiting for WeatherTech's cargo mat but I understand your needs. My family has 2 Newf siblings and a rescue German Shepherd Dog. We go through a lot of dog food 🙃. Hoping to see your dogs competing in NYC.
You have a great sense of humor 😂 and London is a hoot.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
SoCal ??? Did I call your mother ugly, not open a door for your sister. That's NorCal. Not to be confused with anti culture , * of LaLa land. They steal out water and give us nothing but TMZ !!!?
😂🤣😂
Sorry. What do I know, I'm just a dumb right coast guy who drank too much Natty Boh and ate too many MD blue crabs after watching UVA beat UMD in the NCAA Lacrosse championship 😖.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Jongarusa: Love your vids! Thanks! Especially set up, apps, etc. Following your cross country drive now. Discovered your youtube after slogging through a lot... and its a keeper. Don't mind the out-the-window stuff so much 'cause you're right.... you can just fast forward if you want. Your "it's just a car English dourness" seems to fit the VW where some of us bought it simply to have an EV that doesn't scream "I'm an EV!!!! and definitely not EVil."

Second Kyle's OutofSpec vids. Wish he'd detail a bit more on the Infotainment apps he's using on his drive home from Amelia Island, but otherwise, I'd credit his review with why I went ahead and bought the car. And Kyle has plenty out-the-window driving (too much?)... but his bubbly enthusiasm carries you through some of that. Oddly, he's NOT offering a review summary of the EA chargers as critical as he probably should - as he's optimistic the issues will get fixed.

The TwoGuysandaRide dig into the infotainment is excellent, too. Great intro - especially since the VW Know-your blah blah blah is a bit breezy and less helpful and detailed than it might be.

Of course, Tom's charger and charging reviews are fabulous.

And FWIW, I'd confess that it's sometimes the annoyingly simple, traditional control stuff that throws me: Headlights (I'd been using the toggle arm on the right side of the wheel... which works, but is clumsy), Front and Rear windshield wipers (again the toggle arm on the right side of the wheel... but nevertheless, not as simple as it usually is on cars), and that rear trunk.... I'm good with it opening using my leg... but gollee.... never gonna get it to close.
I agree with you 100%.
Jon is humorous as he presents technological tidbits of his experiences.
Kyle is so optimistic about his "trials and tribulations" during his comparisons and crossings of America.
Both are so filled with information and findings that I would never discover on my own.
2 👍👍 up.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
You're too kind. I'm writing this from an EA in Notes Dame that's so bad, I am thinking of using it as a urinal. More videos to come
It seems that the first (more to come) of Jon's epic pilgrimage (SFO to NYC and back) videos is on YouTube. Thanks Jon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.