Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

ID4 AWD Pro
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know that the interior lights have 3 brightness level?

I did find out that you can activate them without touching, just using the proximity sensor. But if you hold your hand close to the light and stay, you'll hear a beep and the light drops down one level on brightness 馃攩->馃攨. And there are total of 3 levels of them 馃槷

As you can see, the left is on the lowest brightness and right one on the highest. It's not due to angle, it's true difference you can see with naked eyes too.

Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Material property Automotive exterior Camera accessory

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Grille Vehicle

Huh? Don鈥檛 recall that from the manual! Cool find!

ID4 AWD Pro
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh? Don鈥檛 recall that from the manual! Cool find!
In addition, you can also hold down on that light button, and it will auto-dimming. Then remove your finger anytime during the dimming, it will stay at that level on all lights.

ID4 AWD Pro
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now if you could come and figure out why my back drivers side light comes on by itself all the time.
IDK, that's probably a rich problem.

I have a Pro, and my rear seat light is mounted on the roof in the center where the glass roof would be otherwise. :LOL:

I wish my lights would come on when opening a door after the vehicle has been parked for about 1/2 hour or so. This is especially frustrating when I open the door in my dimly lighted garage!

I wish my lights would come on when opening a door after the vehicle has been parked for about 1/2 hour or so. This is especially frustrating when I open the door in my dimly lighted garage!
That only seems to apply to the back doors, right? Front doors wake up the car car, or maybe just the driver鈥檚 door?

Nope. Any door. When opening the driver's door, the mood lights come on, the entertainment center and display comes up, BUT no dome lights when the vehicle is parked for about a half hour. They work fine at other times. I consider it one of those software glitches that VW will never get a handle on!

Nope. Any door. When opening the driver's door, the mood lights come on, the entertainment center and display comes up, BUT no dome lights when the vehicle is parked for about a half hour. They work fine at other times. I consider it one of those software glitches that VW will never get a handle on!
I guess one workaround is to just lock it in your garage鈥 when you unlock it it wakes up and all the lights come on!

I have done that. But if one wants to get something out of the car or if one wants to send someone else to the car to fetch something, the fob has to be with you or them to open the door. It is just a hassle I do not need. For a vehicle this expensive the dome lights should work like every other less expensive vehicle I have owned! It is just a FLAW in VW's engineering.

I have done that. But if one wants to get something out of the car or if one wants to send someone else to the car to fetch something, the fob has to be with you or them to open the door. It is just a hassle I do not need. For a vehicle this expensive the dome lights should work like every other less expensive vehicle I have owned! It is just a FLAW in VW's engineering.
Yeah but the other cars didn鈥檛 have three levels of brightness :ROFLMAO: I actually think it鈥檚 on purpose鈥 because I notice the ring around the reading lights comes on when I open the door but the lights themselves don鈥檛鈥. the fact that the ring lights up is telling you to tap it if you want light I guess? No idea what they were thinking there, but don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 an oversight.

ID4 AWD Pro
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You didn't lock it, right? I noticed the same thing if I didn't lock it in the garage

ID4 AWD Pro
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but the other cars didn鈥檛 have three levels of brightness :ROFLMAO: I actually think it鈥檚 on purpose鈥 because I notice the ring around the reading lights comes on when I open the door but the lights themselves don鈥檛鈥. the fact that the ring lights up is telling you to tap it if you want light I guess? No idea what they were thinking there, but don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 an oversight.
Talking about German engineering. There are quirks of over thinking that I don't get, but it's cool. I can live with them because I love the other quirks

Tested and confirmed that it works鈥 but I needed to touch them and hold not just hover my finger over them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts