Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I reserved a Pro Statement with galaxy black interior because I didn't want the white accents. Now I'm being told that it's going to instead come with BROWN accents which is honestly worse!! Can anyone confirm or deny this?? I might cancel and go Model Y if that's indeed the case.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
Only the 1st Editions have the white steering wheel, dash and door trim. All other ID.4’s will have black plastics and steering wheel. It’s true that the Pro S models with the black interior will have brown leatherette dashboard and door inserts. There are pictures floating around that show this. The Pro S models with the grey interior will have dark grey inserts on the dashboard and doors. I quite like the brown inserts on the black interior. Livens up what would otherwise be a dull all-black interior.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's so disappointing. If I had seen pictures of brown accents at the time of reservation, I'd never have chosen it.

·
15 Posts
Anyone know for sure about the Pro (non-S) interior panels. It does have a unique interior (cloth seats) so I'm hoping it stays with black panels.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
That's so disappointing. If I had seen pictures of brown accents at the time of reservation, I'd never have chosen it.
I too had my misgivings, but as I look at more and more pictures, it is actually pretty nice looking. If I were you I'd wait until you can see one before flipping.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too had my misgivings, but as I look at more and more pictures, it is actually pretty nice looking. If I were you I'd wait until you can see one before flipping.
I don't do brown, not in my house, not on my clothes, not in my cars. Maybe I can buy a fabric dash cover. 👎 Or swap out the panels with plain ones from a regular Pro.

·
2021 ID.4 FE White
21 Posts
I reserved a Pro Statement with galaxy black interior because I didn't want the white accents. Now I'm being told that it's going to instead come with BROWN accents which is honestly worse!! Can anyone confirm or deny this?? I might cancel and go Model Y if that's indeed the case.
The brown accents are EU specific. I don't think they are available in the USA.

·
535 Posts
Saw in person today. I thought it looked well.Be good to have more choice
Those seats are Euro only. The dash and door brown trim is like US.

Reactions: theboomr

·
9 Posts
Yes, dealer in Minneapolis shared this photo of a deliver Pro S.

Attachments

·
15 Posts
Oh $#17! Have my order in for a pro s AWD with black interior thinking the brown was only for gradient trim. Nope! Luckily I could swap to the white. 😵 yes white shows things but leather and leather like interior is so easy to clean.

·
15 Posts
Saw in person today. I thought it looked well.Be good to have more choice
The matching brown accents on the euro version make it cohesive. The US version is a sea of black and then someone barfed brown on the dash. 🤮 not my thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts