Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a place-holder reservation on a Mach-e for almost a year and have done the same for the ID-4, waiting for reviews and EPA numbers before making a final decision. What interests me most about the ID.4 are the overall appearance and utility, while what interests me most about the Mach-e is the infotainment system. I don't care for how the Mach-e looks, and I am very concerned with the ID.4 infotainment. Wh else here is considering the Mach-e?

·
202 Posts
I was but not so much now. I’m test driving one on the 9th. I’m not crazy about the looks of it either. I do want to see it in person though. I drove the Model Y last Wednesday. I still have my ID 4 1st Edition reserved, but thinking about changing to an AWD Pro S to buy some time before I make a decision. The good thing is the $500 is fully refundable til the day your pickup your car. I am leaning toward the Y, but I’ve loved the VW since I saw it a couple of years ago. Tough decision!

·
11 Posts
I also have reservation for Mach-e. There are a lot of unknown at this point. Things always looks good in paper but I'm not gonna bet 40k+ on that. I have to drive the car and see if it meets my needs. End of the day it's a new tool that takes you point A to B.

·
17 Posts
I also have reserved the Mach-e along with the ID.4. I am also interested in the Nissan Ariya, but no one seems to know when it will be open for reservations. I don't need the car until the spring so I am just waiting to see what happens.

·
61 Posts
I wasn't impressed with the Mach-E. Looking at the AWD, the cost is almost the same as the ID.4 yet only has a 210 mile range. As we are waiting on the AWD, hoping there is more info on the Ariya before we have to pull the trigger.

·
ID.4 1st Dusk Blue
78 Posts
I was seriously looking into the Mach E, but as documented in my write-up, ended up dropping it. Other than the Select trim, all models are seriously outside my budget, and the Select trim is a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Then we had some shenanigans by dealers piling on fees, and the long wait. Just not worth my brain cycles.

·
20 Posts
With nearly 20 different vehicle purchases over four decades, the Passat I purchased two years ago was just my second that did not have a blue oval on it. (Technically two of them were Mercury's) So when the Mach E didn't even cross my mind until weeks after my 1st Edition reservation it's pretty clear my brand loyalty has shifted. Plus the ID.4 looks much better than the Mach E, IMO.

·
9 Posts
The Mach E is a bit too expensive with the big battery, and I'm not a fan of the slope back. I saw one at the LA Auto show last year, but didn't get to get a good look inside. Interiors sell a car for me more than exteriors because that's where you spend your time while driving it.

I may go take a look at them again when they show up at dealers.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Mach E is a bit too expensive with the big battery, and I'm not a fan of the slope back. I saw one at the LA Auto show last year, but didn't get to get a good look inside. Interiors sell a car for me more than exteriors because that's where you spend your time while driving it.

I may go take a look at them again when they show up at dealers.
They've been making the rounds to dealers for looking (not driving) for a few weeks now on east and west coasts.

Mach-e Road Tour

·
12 Posts
What BS about it I've not reviewed yet
(I'm on my 2nd no $ down FMCredit lease with high credit score)

Here's the link.

Essentially it's not a traditional lease.

How It Works

• Select the Mustang Mach-E of your choice, based on needs or budget.
  • Provide your down payment (25% of vehicle value max) and your estimated annual mileage needed.
  • Enjoy smaller payments than retail financing and choose from terms of 36 or 48 months.
  • At the end of your term, you can retain your vehicle, renew into a new Ford or Lincoln or return your Mustang Mach-E after settling your account balance.

Kicker here is that in a traditional lease the bank/lender owns the car and the tax credit is applied to the capitalization cost of the car and you can get a reduced monthly rate. With Options the consumer is responsible for application of the tax credit.

Anyway, I don't see this as a positive for the consumer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts