Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been nothing but crickets lately in regard to folks having their MY 21 ID.4 called in for the 3.1 update. Thought I read something on here today concerning VW stopping the updates due to some type issue. Anyone have the facts? I have a 27XXX VIN and have not been notified to come on down!

63 Posts
I am currently having it done, it is at the dealer but some module failed so the part they ordered was incorrect. Now they are ordering a new part and they expect to keep the car till the end of the month. If I get it back by end of month it will be a full 30 days or so since I dropped it off

1,838 Posts
As I posted elsewhere, 44 days in and my local dealer hasn’t done a single update. I personally checked this afternoon. Of course 44 days in and Volkswagen of America hasn’t asked me to schedule an appointment either.

2,703 Posts
I wish there was a car company that at least treated their customers as equals in the U.S. Actually the Ford dealer in Carlsbad CA does and they have managed to restore my faith somewhat, Ken Grody Ford. 😇

21 Pro S Gradient RWD Glacier / Black
795 Posts
I called my dealer and they haven't done any ID.4 software update. They said I have to get the recall to be able to get the update, which I haven't even received the first software update welcome e-mail yet. Even if I get the invitation to schedule, I think I would hold off until the dealer has more experience updating ID.4s. I would miss my ID.4 dearly if they mess up and have to wait 30 days. At this rate I probably get my software update in 2024 :unsure:

2,376 Posts
I called my dealer and they haven't done any ID.4 software update. They said I have to get the recall to be able to get the update, which I haven't even received the first software update welcome e-mail yet. Even if I get the invitation to schedule, I think I would hold off until the dealer has more experience updating ID.4s. I would miss my ID.4 dearly if they mess up and have to wait 30 days. At this rate I probably get my software update in 2024 :unsure:
In the same boat. They’re aware of the update process but haven’t done any. @VW TECHNICIAN is there a process by which dealers are being “approved” to do updates which VW may be factoring in to who gets the invite (based on who our selected dealer is)?

· Super Moderator
6,050 Posts
I'm currently waiting for it to be done (ID.4 in the dealership service parking lot at the moment). In my case I suspect my salesman/SA were a bit overzealous in telling me to make an appt., as I hadn't/haven't received the official snailmail from VW, and hence there's some administrative issue with VIN listing not facilitating code availability. I can't blame them for trying to be proactive, but then they should have better known the admin process. 🤷‍♂️

My SA said that although they're not calling it a recall, they are VIN-handling like a recall.

I have an early FE but apparently not early enough (small lower volume dealership). But then I was their first ID.4 sale and yet they've already done another ID.4, or at least tried as it halted on the last module. Their original Demo unit?

· Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
4,249 Posts
I am really surprised this campaign is moving so slowly. If they don't pick up the pace soon, it seems like it will take all year to do this. Our forum poll shows only 8.4% completed after 6 weeks of performing this recall.

· Premium Member
2021 ID.4 Pro S Gradient RWD
454 Posts
I'm currently waiting for it to be done (ID.4 in the dealership service parking lot at the moment). In my case I suspect my salesman/SA were a bit overzealous in telling me to make an appt., as I hadn't/haven't received the official snailmail from VW, and hence there's some administrative issue with VIN listing not facilitating code availability. I can't blame them for trying to be proactive, but then they should have better known the admin process. 🤷‍♂️

My SA said that although they're not calling it a recall, they are VIN-handling like a recall.

I have an early FE but apparently not early enough (small lower volume dealership). But then I was their first ID.4 sale and yet they've already done another ID.4, or at least tried as it halted on the last module. Their original Demo unit?
Good luck with yours. No word from VW for me yet. I spoke with my dealer a couple of weeks ago and they said they had done one upgrade with a VW tech present for training, etc. So at least they have started the process.

2,040 Posts
I am really surprised this campaign is moving so slowly. If they don't pick up the pace soon, it seems like it will take all year to do this. Our forum poll shows only 8.4% completed after 6 weeks of performing this recall.
At this point, there’s no doubt that the fastest way to get the updated 3.1 software is to trade in a 2021 for a 2023.

VW ID.4 Pro Glacier White Metallic
400 Posts
Still no update on my ID.4 Pro that I picked up in July 2021; been checking almost daily... At this point, it's a game of wait and see if I get the update first or I will sell/trade-in the car for another EV or Prius (yes, Prius).

· Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just got off the phone with the EV section of VW customer service. "Brenda" informed me "there is no set queue for the update but they will get to you". Not the answer I expect from such a large vehicle manufacturer. So, contrary to what I have heard from some on here, VW is not doing this via VIN? When I checked with my dealer several weeks ago the EV service writer claimed to have checked the "VIN list".
My lease is up at the end of April, 2024 and I am really beginning to believe the ID will go back to VW with Ver 2.4. It certainly will make me think about what my next EV is going to be.

2,376 Posts
I just got off the phone with the EV section of VW customer service. "Brenda" informed me "there is no set queue for the update but they will get to you". Not the answer I expect from such a large vehicle manufacturer. So, contrary to what I have heard from some on here, VW is not doing this via VIN? When I checked with my dealer several weeks ago the EV service writer claimed to have checked the "VIN list".
My lease is up at the end of April, 2024 and I am really beginning to believe the ID will go back to VW with Ver 2.4. It certainly will make me think about what my next EV is going to be.
They are doing this via VIN… they haven’t gotten to your VIN yet (or mine). That’s how I’d interpret what she said…

Reactions: GreyID4
1 - 20 of 46 Posts