Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
1,216 Posts

·
"Einstein" - 2021 ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
264 Posts
We'll get it (eventually) because VWoA will want all US ID.4s on the same software version for service/support reasons. But I think we're bottom priority. I think the priority (in descending order) is:

1) Ship 2023 Chattanooga ID.4s (with software version >= 3.1). This version of the software will have much more input from VWoA since it will be the version they're flashing on all the Chattanooga builds.
2) Update German-built 2022 ID.4s to same version as 1 above (likely OTA).
3) Update German-built 2021 ID.4s to same version as 1 above (this is a major service campaign and is big $$$ hence VWoA will slow roll us since they want to be extremely confident in the new software version).

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,072 Posts
I was somewhat joking when I altered my prediction to my 2-year anniversary for code update. But it now seems likely it will take that long. It's a good thing I'm relatively fine with v2.1.

Although for those say who could have profited from reliable Scheduled Charging VWG really should have been far more responsive. Especially considering it's always been featured prominently in their training video. :( That item alone could reasonably be considered for class action lawsuit (but then I only play a lawyer on TV).

Personally I would like to at least be able to try Auto Hold, as it has been a greyed-out setting for me.

·
18 Posts
It's sad that so many are still waiting for early version updates. I have seen videos (all seemed to be out of Germany) that the first versions of cars had to go to the dealers to have the 12V swapped out and something changed so that they could get the 2.4 version software update earlier this year. OTA updates did not seem to be available in the earlier versions of the software. I don't know if things are still waiting to be set up (here in the U.S.) so invites go out, or that people have to contact their dealers to find out about this.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,072 Posts
Although I asked my SA to let me know as soon as an update was available I'm fully prepared to have to contact them, as we'll likely know of same sooner here.
It's sad that so many are still waiting for early version updates. I have seen videos (all seemed to be out of Germany) that the first versions of cars had to go to the dealers to have the 12V swapped out and something changed so that they could get the 2.4 version software update earlier this year. OTA updates did not seem to be available in the earlier versions of the software. I don't know if things are still waiting to be set up (here in the U.S.) so invites go out, or that people have to contact their dealers to find out about this.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
4,640 Posts
Aw shucks I've been fortunate enough to have been enjoying my ID.4 for nearly a year and a half, no waiting for reservation updates, driving past gas stations, and that whole time it's been a dang solid car. No update? Yeah, boo! But the car hardly feels like a 'beta' version to me. I'm enthusiastic about this car because I genuinely like it, not out of some obligation to VW because they allowed me the honor of getting into it iearly.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,072 Posts
Yep, I just got back from an early morning seaside drive & beach walk. Nary an issue, nor thought of same.

However I also agree with @Froggy in that we helped VW marketing a bit (I was first-First Edition at my dealership and have also been a tireless question answering advocate) and yet ....
And the people waiting are the beta testers. The people who showed VWs new product to the public, who gave people test drives and answered endless questions patiently.
Aw shucks I've been fortunate enough to have been enjoying my ID.4 for nearly a year and a half, no waiting for reservation updates, driving past gas stations, and that whole time it's been a dang solid car. No update? Yeah, boo! But the car hardly feels like a 'beta' version to me. I'm enthusiastic about this car because I genuinely like it, not out of some obligation to VW because they allowed me the honor of getting into it iearly.

·
"Einstein" - 2021 ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
264 Posts
Yep, I just got back from an early morning seaside drive & beach walk. Nary an issue, nor thought of same.

However I also agree with @Froggy in that we helped VW marketing a bit (I was first-First Edition at my dealership and have also been a question answering advocate) and yet ....
Agreed. Then there's the ~$12K of incentives I realized on my 2021 ID.4 AWD Pro S that 2023 buyers won't get. There are trade-offs with everything..

·
19 Posts
Although for those say who could have profited from reliable Scheduled Charging VWG really should have been far more responsive. Especially considering it's always been featured prominently in their training video. :( That item alone could reasonably be considered for class action lawsuit (but then I only play a lawyer on TV).
Scheduled charging is still broken on my 2022 model running 3.1.0 software. I really don’t understand how they can mess up simple scheduling software like that so badly.

Luckily I read about this before ordering, so I bought a smart charger to do the scheduling. That seems to work, it just charged overnight from 30% to 80% between midnight and 4am sharp.

·
19 Posts
Oh wow. I thought it was reported as working with 3.1.0.
It may be less broken than on 2.x, I’m not sure. But when I tried it a couple of times last weekend it kept switching back to immediate charging after some time (tens of minutes). On top of that, having a “home” location defined seemed to interfere with the scheduled charging from my charger and it ended up charging at just a few kW instead of the usual ~9kW.

·
19 Posts
One thing to add: I used the time of use scheduled charging and told the car to charge between midnight and 6am. There’s also the scheduled charging based on a departure time, I did not try that one. It’s possible that it works with that. But that’s not what I need anyway, we don’t drive anywhere at 7am.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,380 Posts
it ended up charging at just a few kW instead of the usual ~9kW.
Do you have a Chargepoint charger? It has a bug in it preventing scheduled charging from working at full rate mentioned in many threads here like this one:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts