Volkswagen ID Forum banner
101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
1,081 Posts
No, your jam most definitely is defending VW to the point of irrationality and, when even that fails, propping up strawmen.

The fact that your 2.4 update - as verifyiably did dozens of others - went fine doesn't mean VW has problems with it. They do.

The fact that you claim that it's not VW, it's the dealers, is irrelevant. It's dealers chosen by VW and VW's responsibility.

The fact that you are happy with your car has nothing to do with the fact that VW is struggling with OTA. The issues remain.

Maybe take your own advice. You requested that if I don't like your "opinion", I shouldn't reply to you.

Maybe you should stop replying to anyone who have a valid criticism regarding how VW handles the updates. You clearly don't like it.

Oh I have no stake in this. I'm not US. I'll never own a VW with 2.1, 2.3 or 2.4. I'm completely happy with my order with VW, with the exception of the delay and the only thing I criticise VW about regarding that is their jumps-all-over estimates on week of manufacture.

·
21, ID.4 Pro S, Scale Silver Metallic exterior
21 Posts
But if your profit is capped by the ability to deliver products, you only need enough customers to buy all you can deliver.

If VW can produce 10.000 cars per year (totally random figure), then it's of no impact to them if 100.000 customers leave as long as there's more than 10.000 still willing to buy.

Currently VW is still selling out all production for about the next 12 months or so. Want and ID.Buzz in Europe? delivery will be spring 2024.

A handful of angry customers on a forum doesn't change the sales of VW in any way. Unless there's a broader negative attitude and loss of potential customers, it affects the sales of VW by... nothing.

And I think that's what Pascal is saying there (and I agree); VW or any other major company don't really care about their customers out of good will. They care about their sales, and if the negative experience of the customer base doesn't affect sales, they're not going to do something because of good will.

Recent figures in and here, VW is the market leader in new electric cars 2022, and I doubt that they'll loose that before the year ends. And if they do, it's not because people are not buying, it's because the demand exceeds the availability. Even all the claimed/reported issues with 2.4 update - Europe doesn't get OTA either, yet - doesn't slow them down.
In what market are you suggesting VW is a market leader in new electric vehicle in 2022?

·
579 Posts
In what market are you suggesting VW is a market leader in new electric vehicle in 2022?
It's not a suggestion, it's a fact. Although "market" is a bit too much; Europe is usually considered a market and I was referring to a single country. They have 12 % of new EVs registered this year, although I do believe that it was VAG meaning it includes VW, Audi, Skoda and Cupra, not just VW.

·
579 Posts
As I already told you.
If you don't like my opinion don't comment on it.
I haven't had any issues with your opinions.

It's your "VW does nothing wrong, it's the incompetent dealers and stupid users that are to blame" I have an issue with.

you have nothing to command me
My English might be failing me, but I honestly don't understand what you mean.

·
1,383 Posts
I haven't had any issues with your opinions.

It's your "VW does nothing wrong, it's the incompetent dealers and stupid users that are to blame" I have an issue with.

My English might be failing me, but I honestly don't understand what you mean.
I think the US phrase would be “You’re not the boss of me”.

Geez and I thought barbecue forums were rough.

·
579 Posts
Geez and I thought barbecue forums were rough.
Rough? Find a Hifi-forum and search for topics like the audible difference between DACs, power-cables or the effect of various things that fall under the term "tweaks". 😆

The thing is that I actually have nothing against Pascal, I find his humor quite entertaining and most importantly, agree with most of his views.

I should probably read back just to see how this one particular topic got so heated between us.

·
21, ID.4 Pro S, Scale Silver Metallic exterior
21 Posts
It's not a suggestion, it's a fact. Although "market" is a bit too much; Europe is usually considered a market and I was referring to a single country. They have 12 % of new EVs registered this year, although I do believe that it was VAG meaning it includes VW, Audi, Skoda and Cupra, not just VW.
Ok, I gotcha. VAG has 12% of new EV registered. But those metrics are a bit misleading since Skoda and Cupra both include hybrids in their reports. Norway in Europe is leading as far as pure EV adaptation goes (82%), but there the Model Y is the most registered new EV. While Norway's adaptation is amazing, they are still a very small market.

The market to watch is the Chinese EV market. The worlds largest EV market. VW isn't doing too well there. Part of the reason Diese got canned.

·
1,081 Posts
It's one of the 3 smaller OTA updates we've had in the last few weeks.
At least you won't notice it if it doesn't get stuck.🤣
It is at least a start and a reason that a class action makes no sense.😏

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,072 Posts
I happened to see Infotainment annunciation of a similar minor App-core type update when pulling into my driveway a number of months back. One of the updates was the EA interface. So OTA does work in the USA, but of course not [yet] for major software updates.
This would be from an owner in California.
Small OTA update.

·
1,081 Posts
I happened to see Infotainment annunciation of a similar minor App-core type update when pulling into my driveway a number of months back. One of the updates was the EA interface. So OTA does work in the USA, but of course not [yet] for major software updates.
We have had this update first when I remembered and then an update digital manual and finally the Wecharge app but don't think you have this app.

·
1,081 Posts
Hey @Pascal Please take a break. You are spamming this thread & really haven't added anything of substance to answer a software update for a market you do not even reside in. Please, time to sit on your hands.
I am not forcing anyone to read my posts.
This is a global forum where everyone can share their free opinion.
No one and certainly you give me to say what I want to share.
If you have any problems with that, you are free to block my account in your settings or keep both hands in front of your eyes.

·
1,081 Posts
Because I'm sick of the complaining of most forum members and the topics always mostly about negative messages, unlike the European forums, I stop my participation on this forum.
I would like my account to be deleted.
It was my pleasure to help some forum members but most of the time my participation was criticized as disruptive.
Apparently the American mentality has changed a lot in recent years since my last visit to the states.
Also because I have heard from a very reliable source in Germany that there are certainly no updates foreseen until mid-2023, this forum will not be any more pleasant.
From now on I will limit myself only to EU forums where more interesting information is shared between less selfish forum members.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts