Volkswagen ID Forum banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
2,144 Posts
Because I'm sick of the complaining of most forum members and the topics always mostly about negative messages, unlike the European forums, I stop my participation on this forum.
I would like my account to be deleted.
It was my pleasure to help some forum members but most of the time my participation was criticized as disruptive.
Apparently the American mentality has changed a lot in recent years since my last visit to the states.
Also because I have heard from a very reliable source in Germany that there are certainly no updates foreseen until mid-2023, this forum will not be any more pleasant.
From now on I will limit myself only to EU forums where more interesting information is shared between less selfish forum members.
Sorry to see you go. It is only a very small number of people who are the vocal complainers - the rest of us don't comment unless there is some concrete bit of news.

I sometimes glance at the German forums at meinid, and they seem to complain just as much about the same sorts of things.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
3,244 Posts
Sorry to see you go. It is only a very small number of people who are the vocal complainers - the rest of us don't comment unless there is some concrete bit of news.

I sometimes glance at the German forums at meinid, and they seem to complain just as much about the same sorts of things.
Yes, I don't think we have a monopoly on complainers here. Some folks have what I think are legitimate concerns, including myself. In any case, I will be sorry to see @Pascal leave. I enjoy his humor and perspective.

·
21 Pro S Gradient RWD Glacier / Black
686 Posts
Because I'm sick of the complaining of most forum members and the topics always mostly about negative messages, unlike the European forums, I stop my participation on this forum.
It was my pleasure to help some forum members but most of the time my participation was criticized as disruptive.
Apparently the American mentality has changed a lot in recent years since my last visit to the states.
Also because I have heard from a very reliable source in Germany that there are certainly no updates foreseen until mid-2023, this forum will not be any more pleasant.
From now on I will limit myself only to EU forums where more interesting information is shared between less selfish forum members.
I have no problem with your messages it is a free country people can say whatever all we do is ignore what we don't like
You have been helpful so I am sad to see you leave :cry:

·
313 Posts
Don't do it, I always enjoy your posts and humor and different perspective from across the pond. As a fellow West-Vlaming I love reading about your experiences and how things are different from us here in the US.

I also am super happy with my car and take the complainers on this forum with a grain of salt. Especially the 'class action lawsuit' people 🤣 or the others that feed their own misery by complaining and not doing anything about it.

·
579 Posts
Especially the 'class action lawsuit' people 🤣 or the others that feed their own misery by complaining and not doing anything about it.
The straw that broke his back was me pointing out that VW has issues with the 2.4 update in Europe and that the 3.0 OTA in Germany has not been going smoothly either.

I didn't say failed, I didn't say anything about a lawsuit and I most definitely wasn't complaining as I'm still waiting on my car to be delivered, so I have no stake in the 2.4/3.0 update.

He himself adviced at least me and one other person to not reply to him or read his posts. Seems that he didn't take his own advice.

And to note, as I've said before, I had no issue with him, and I found most of his posts fun to read. The only argument was that update. A recap is easy enough to find.

·
313 Posts
The straw that broke his back was me pointing out that VW has issues with the 2.4 update in Europe and that the 3.0 OTA in Germany has not been going smoothly either.

I didn't say failed, I didn't say anything about a lawsuit and I most definitely wasn't complaining as I'm still waiting on my car to be delivered, so I have no stake in the 2.4/3.0 update.

He himself adviced at least me and one other person to not reply to him or read his posts. Seems that he didn't take his own advice.

And to note, as I've said before, I had no issue with him, and I found most of his posts fun to read. The only argument was that update. A recap is easy enough to find.
It's probably more about many people in general on forums or social media platforms vs just you as your dialogue really didn't have anything 'spicy' in it. Just like my comment isn't about you either, I didn't quote you nor make a reference to you.

·
1,083 Posts

Nothing against you my friend.
Was overreacted on my part.

·
1,484 Posts
Here's one tip if you decide to reconsider: there are some people here with legitimate complaints, and they are capable of expressing their complaints in a non-toxic way; for the other types of complainers on this forum, set them to "Ignore", and your experience will be much less negative. There’s really no reason to waste time with people who will never be happy with the car, and in fact might not ever want to be happy with it.

·
1,747 Posts
And yet they are selling at $10,000 over MSRP here? Must not be a big problem for the average ID.4 owner since they have this incredible demand. But one day pretty soon they will update the 2021’s like they already are doing with every new one sold now.

·
"Einstein" - 2021 ID.4 AWD Pro S, Scale Silver
263 Posts
Well summer came and officially went in the usa with nary a peep from vw or vwoa.
Is anyone surprised? I'm not. I think it's clear to everyone that their OTA update strategy is an abject failure by any measure. I still think we'll get updated but anyone with a 2021 build will be the last in line. I think what will happen in North America is:

1) 2023 Chattanooga builds finally get into customer hands with version 3.? of the software. This will likely be NA-tweaked software. We already know first deliveries are late this year.
2) 2022 German builds will get updated to the same software version in 1 above (likely OTA).
3) 2021 German builds will get updated to the same software version in 1 above (major service campaign). This will be big $$$ so VWoA will likely want to hedge their bets as much as possible by waiting to be sure the software is solid before they open their wallet for the 2021 customers.

After 1-3 are completed all NA cars will be on the same software version and will be OTA updatable from then on. I believe VWoA will want to ensure they get to this point because maintaining multiple versions of the same software stack is an abject nightmare from a support standpoint.

My best (realistic) guess when step 3 happens above is Q1 or Q2 2023.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
5,072 Posts
The last straw that came close to breaking @Pascal 's back has been offloaded and he's back, sore back and all. :)

Although initially cited in [sarcastic] humor I now think my 2-year anniversary for code update projection will be the reality. 🤷‍♂️ But honestly unless I happen to think of this forum when out driving I have no conscious concerns with that which my ID.4 was delivered (v2.1 with some subsequent App OTA updates). I really can't remember the last time I had a gremlin (still practice my very patient startup).

·
1,083 Posts
The last straw that came close to breaking @Pascal 's back has been offloaded and he's back, sore back and all. :)

Although initially cited in [sarcastic] humor I now think my 2-year anniversary for code update projection will be the reality. 🤷‍♂️ But honestly unless I happen to think of this forum when out driving I have no conscious concerns with that which my ID.4 was delivered (v2.1 with some subsequent App OTA updates). I really can't remember the last time I had a gremlin (still practice my very patient startup).
No back pain but stiff arm from my covid vaccination.
I think that nurse was also having a bad day and saw my arm as a dartboard. 😢

121 - 140 of 145 Posts