Volkswagen ID Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think the ID.3 is a game-changer? Because this journalist doesn't think so...

The Volkswagen ID3 is surely one of the most important cars to be launched in 2020, bringing as it does a full electric car platform to VW's line-up. But is it good enough to take on rivals from the likes of Kia, Hyundai, Peugeot and even Tesla? To find out, electric car expert Vicky Parrott puts the ID3 First Edition to the test in this CarGurus UK review.

·
49 Posts
i was particularly bothered by her disappointment with the ID.3’s efficiency compared with its competitors.

If the ID.4 is inefficient, I will be very disappointed in Volkswagen.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
378 Posts
I don’t think a one hour drive is enough to judge the efficiency. If the person before her had a lead foot and used Sport mode all bets are off.
Batterytest Chris showed that at 100 km/h he could get nearly WLTP range. That works out to over 4 miles per kWh. Other people reported less, but I have not seen sustained values below 3 miles/kWh.

·
177 Posts
There doesn't seem to be consensus about efficiency in the early ID3 community. Schräg, who previously owned a Tesla Model 3, isn't able to get anywhere near Tesla efficiency on his daily commute. He has multiple videos of desperately trying to get decent numbers on both freeway and local roads, trying eco-mode, etc. but is ultimately unable to come close to Björn's ID3 results (and his previous Model 3). Perhaps it's a different software version or the heatpump (Schräg's ID3 doesn't have one, Björn's does), or perhaps it's something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts