Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo-hoo!!! I just got the lock email and paid the $400.
I reserved on 10/21/21.
The email says this -
‘If you reserved a rear‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 3 to 4 months from the time you lock your order and place a one‑time, fully‑refundable $400 vehicle deposit*. If you reserved an all‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 6 to 8 months from this time.’

·
8 Posts
We got the Lock email this (Friday) morning, too, and paid our $400. We reserved a White (Grey Interior) RWD ID.4 Pro S on 11/30/2021. Our email says the same as @Cape-cat quoted -- i.e., to expect to receive it in "3 to 4 months". (Our 11/30 Confirmation email said that we should expect to get a 2022 model.) We're excited. If you're an "Unlocked Reservationist", we hope you get your "Locking" email soon!

Stay safe,
Charlie W

·
55 Posts
I reserved on 10/21/21.
The email says this -
‘If you reserved a rear‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 3 to 4 months from the time you lock your order and place a one‑time, fully‑refundable $400 vehicle deposit*. If you reserved an all‑wheel‑drive ID.4, you can expect to receive your vehicle 6 to 8 months from this time.’
Good to know that the RWD has a quicker turnaround compared to AWD. I placed an order on Jan 3rd for an ID.4 and was conflicted if I should go with AWD/RWD. Living in Texas I do not have a need for an AWD. I did the right thing by reserving a RWD.

·
54 Posts
I never got any emails other than the one congratulating me on making the account (which I did at the dealer when placing the reservation) but I was prompted to lock this morning when I logged in to check on the reservation. Did so, and now on step 3.

Going with AWD and never did expect faster than six months - expecting it to show up in the fall, honestly. It was a surprise to me to see that the RWDs are taking less time (probably component-constrained on the front motors).

·
394 Posts
I reserved on 10/21/21.
The email says this -
We have a FE that’s has had some issues. our dealer and VW corp has been great, we placed an order for a rwd ProS last week. They said the same thing, expect delivery 3 to 4 months after you pay the 400 and the vehicle is locked. They did not have a time frame frame for how long it takes to lock the vehicle

·
1 Posts
We have a FE that’s has had some issues. our dealer and VW corp has been great, we placed an order for a rwd ProS last week. They said the same thing, expect delivery 3 to 4 months after you pay the 400 and the vehicle is locked. They did not have a time frame frame for how long it takes to lock the vehicle
Just for reference I got my "locked" email today and made the initial reservation October 28th. Mine may have taken longer than usual though because I was initially in line for a 2021 and had to get switched to the 22.

·
2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
117 Posts
So I have a RWD and placed my AWD order in October. I got the lock email today but when I go to my VW Reservation page, it errors out. The cosmos is conspiring against me!!!

But... finally got it to work. Now if used car pricing just holds up till then.

·
2 Posts
So I have a RWD and placed my AWD order in October. I got the lock email today but when I go to my VW Reservation page, it errors out. The cosmos is conspiring against me!!!
That happened to me as well. I ended up using the link in the original email from vw from when I first made the reservation and that worked for me.

·
1,198 Posts
Reserved AWD Pro S in June and locked today. I wonder if orders are prioritized by reservation date or lock date.
Welcome to the forum. VW says its produced by reservation date, but that is not true. My AWD is taking 14 months, while some other AWD are taking 4 months (reserve to delivery, inspite of the email we get saying 6-8 months lock to delivery.) The best guess I have seen to explain is there is a dealer allocation system where some get many more production slots than others, and this makes it random and unpredictable. You can look at the tracking spreadsheet linked in many posts here and see that its not by lock date either since its also randomly taking long or short times. Its not as variable as reserve to delivery so lock to delivery is slightly more useful. My AWD lock to delivery is going to be 9 months if there are no more unexpected delays and I get it in Feb. I expect it all to change in new unpredictable ways with the opening of the TN factory this year.

Reactions: thatism

·
8 Posts
My Reservation page frequently "errors out" (... and has from the first day). It frequently takes me 4 or more attempts to get logged-in (or is that logged-on?). One trick I've used has been this: after the page "errors out", I open an additional tab and re-enter our email & password. Sometimes the new page then opens. Good luck!
~Charlie W

·
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum. VW says its produced by reservation date, but that is not true. My AWD is taking 14 months, while some other AWD are taking 4 months (reserve to delivery, inspite of the email we get saying 6-8 months lock to delivery.) The best guess I have seen to explain is there is a dealer allocation system where some get many more production slots than others, and this makes it random and unpredictable. You can look at the tracking spreadsheet linked in many posts here and see that its not by lock date either since its also randomly taking long or short times. Its not as variable as reserve to delivery so lock to delivery is slightly more useful.
That's a great point. I wonder if the dealer needs to initiate the lock process based on allocation or is that an automated process?

·
🚗ID.4 AWD Pro S (2022), Dusk Blue | Locked in 1/14/22 - Reserved 6/2/21
3 Posts
Also got my lock in email this morning! Very excited, it's been 7 months since I reserved and I was originally expecting maybe 3-4 months.

Expecting the car "mid-2022".

·
54 Posts
Also got my lock in email this morning! Very excited, it's been 7 months since I reserved and I was originally expecting maybe 3-4 months.

Expecting the car "mid-2022".
Almost twins! Maybe we’ll roll off the line together, or at least out of the paint booth.

For those with errors - try Chrome. I got errors all the time in Firefox, but Chrome almost always works. So I just use Chrome to check my reservation and Firefox for everything else.

·
2 Posts
Pro RWD locked 2021.09.05. If the 3 to 4 month wait is true, does that mean I should be receiving the order before those that locked them in the last couple days? Or does that mean because mine is a the "lowest" trim I still get to wait until end of the summer for 2022?

·
3 Posts
Looks like today was a magic day. Several of us long time reservation holders received a lock e-mail today. I ordered my PRO S AWD non gradient in AUG '21. Heard absolutes nothing , no updates at all from VW. I gave up on my order to be honest and never thought it would actually happen. I ordered a Model Y at the same time, and I am probably < 20 days away from delivery. The potential for additional Tax Credit made the Model Y an interesting proposition. Now with BBB on ice, I prefer the ID.4

·
277 Posts
I reserved on 10/21/21.
The email says this -
... so the AWD will be built in the US?

·
3 Posts
... so the AWD will be built in the US?
It’s a possibility. If that’s the case it should also be cheaper. However, I prefer a Made in Germany ID.4 AWD. At that point I expect the Quality to be better than a new production line.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts