Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got lucky and found a 2022 AWD pro S gradient at autonation that a buyer canceled. Swooped in an traded my tesla, car is really nice and hands down drives better than my tesla and no rattles. I had one on order and was lucky to find this one no more waiting for me.

Pro- fit and finish, comfortable seats and quiet.
2. Power
3. Range is pretty close to rated.
4. AC is powerful unlike tesla.

Con- 1. charging statuons.. electrify america has got to build more or at least fix all the broken ones.
2. Need several charging apps to see all the DC fast chargers that are not shown on the Navi.
3. Charge door on wrong side of the car it's a pain to have to walk around to the other side to plug in.
4. If tesla opens their charging network this year that will be a game changer.
5. Center screen can bee slow to react.

·
2021 AWD Pro S
2,044 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Was this with the dealer you had reserved with? Not many are finding cancelled orders this year since the supply has been really low until the last few weeks. And most cancelled orders are getting a dealer markup or required extras. Did the dealer call you or how did you find it? (to help all the others here who have been looking for a cancellation.)

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,975 Posts
Got lucky and found a 2022 AWD pro S gradient at autonation that a buyer canceled. Swooped in an traded my tesla, car is really nice and hands down drives better than my tesla and no rattles. I had one on order and was lucky to find this one no more waiting for me.

2. Power

Con- 1. charging statuons.. electrify america has got to build more or at least fix all the broken ones.
2. Need several charging apps to see all the DC fast chargers that are not shown on the Navi.
3. Charge door on wrong side of the car it's a pain to have to walk around to the other side to plug in.
If Tesla opens things up, it will be a mess - mainly because all Tesla have the charge port on the driver's side, and VW (and some other manufacturers) have it on the passenger side. It wouldn't bother me a bit if everyone else just followed Tesla's lead and put the thing on the driver side.

·
212 Posts
What location? I have not found anything in California under 5K markup so it is interesting to know where they are doing these MSRP cancellation sales.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at autotrader for ID4s all over the southeast and this one popped up last Monday. I I'm in FL the car was in SC Called the dealer up and said this was a preorder and the buyer just backed out. So pure luck on my part to call the day the other guy backed out I was able to drop a deposit on it and picked it up this past Saturday. No markup straight MSRP. I have not seen another red one anywhere.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
812 Posts

2. Power

The charging door is on the correct side. Mount your charger in the middle of the garage and use it for both the Tesla and the ID.4.

I have the same car as yours and same color. Bought it 6 days ago.

How much was the doc fee?

·
17 Posts
Love your new car, that is what I have locked for the MY22. This is the Aurora Red on a car in our showroom today. I actually really like it. It is darker for sure but I would not call it dull. Probably less sporty then Kings Red, but more classy?
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

·
18 Posts

2. Power

Congratulations!! Beautiful car, lucky you!!!!!😊

·
1,220 Posts
If Tesla opens things up, it will be a mess - mainly because all Tesla have the charge port on the driver's side, and VW (and some other manufacturers) have it on the passenger side. It wouldn't bother me a bit if everyone else just followed Tesla's lead and put the thing on the driver side.
Or Tesla could just add a row of CCS chargers, they only need 4 to qualify for the federal infrastructure money. Add to that Tesla seems to have the fastest EVSE construction and installation method and now Uncle Sugar will pay for it.

·
16 Posts

2. Power

We're id4 twins! I was calling around to all the Phoenix-area dealers and Lunde's Peoria VW said they had one available - King's Red AWD Pro S w/ Gradient package. I feel like they must produced a run of these all at once, as I've seen many more red lately.

I didn't even have an id4 on order, just got lucky. Just brought it home today:
Car Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

I, too, traded in a Tesla (Model X, red as well). The only things I'll miss about the Tesla are the cool toys they were always adding, the giant screen, and the app. The car itself was just 'meh'...

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're id4 twins! I was calling around to all the Phoenix-area dealers and Lunde's Peoria VW said they had one available - King's Red AWD Pro S w/ Gradient package. I feel like they must produced a run of these all at once, as I've seen many more red lately.

I didn't even have an id4 on order, just got lucky. Just brought it home today:
View attachment 13969

I, too, traded in a Tesla (Model X, red as well). The only things I'll miss about the Tesla are the cool toys they were always adding, the giant screen, and the app. The car itself was just 'meh'...
You are right the tech was cool, but I started to have issues with it and this year alone my X spent 4 months in the shop to fix several problems that led it to be unsafe to drive. Got tired of the problems and the cost to fix. Love out ID4 much better quality fit and finish and way better ride and the AC will freeze you out.

·
16 Posts
What year was your X? Was your AC insanely loud when it first started on really hot days - like jet-engine loud?

Our 2021 Long Range Plus had a passenger-side Falcon-wing door that never worked correctly, from day one. It was finally repaired yesterday, after 3 attempts, the day before I traded the car in. Also, we had developed a rattle in the dash and there was increasingly louder 'creaking' noises from the rear.

Here's hoping VW ups their game in the software department though!

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What year was your X? Was your AC insanely loud when it first started on really hot days - like jet-engine loud?

Our 2021 Long Range Plus had a passenger-side Falcon-wing door that never worked correctly, from day one. It was finally repaired yesterday, after 3 attempts, the day before I traded the car in. Also, we had developed a rattle in the dash and there was increasingly louder 'creaking' noises from the rear.

Here's hoping VW ups their game in the software department though!
Wow where to begin. 2016 90D 1 owner bought in 2020, rear heat never worked, AC would only blow good on drivers side the passenger side had low air flow and was always warm. The compressor wod sound like a jet engine on startup. Car would take a bit to cool off but a sun shade was mandatory while charging. I had a Unicorn with FSD and FUSC for life that was hard to walk away from until. All my real problems started with a 12v battery replacement in February of this year. Long story short 4700.00 in repairs and 4 months later car was fixed but I was done. Too worried about something else going wrong and tesla long delays for service meant I was done. Placed my order of the id4 in June and got lucky just like you did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts