Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

i just placed my reservation for my ID.4. I was wondering when could I expect the next update in the timeline for delivery?

I am super excited!

·
214 Posts
I hate to say it, but I think the experiences of those with preorders thus far are sufficiently unpredictable and varied that they likely aren't much help. What does seem to be the case is that generally, the timeline is improving for newer orders.

·
137 Posts
Yeah I think its tough to give you any real idea of a timeline. As the cars roll out its shortening for sure. If you just ordered an AWD you have many months to go

·
519 Posts
@giovis925,

Did you reserve a RWD or AWD version of the ID.4. For reference, people that reserved their ID.4 AWD on day 1 are on Step 3 of 7. I did mine nearly 4 months ago and I am still on Step 1 of 7.

Honestly prefer that over being on step 3 of 7 since I have only put down $100 not $500 on a vehicle that is most likely 7 or 8 months away for delivery.

·
Super Moderator
860 Posts
If you want one quickly, check your local dealers. I was able to find one and was driving it in less than a week.

·
41 Posts
Hello guys,

i just placed my reservation for my ID.4. I was wondering when could I expect the next update in the timeline for delivery?

I am super excited! View attachment 2569
I ordered two AWD’s Sept 23th and 26th. VW Corporate said than my cars are in the first batch of AWD’s to be delivered to the USA in October.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@giovis925,

Did you reserve a RWD or AWD version of the ID.4. For reference, people that reserved their ID.4 AWD on day 1 are on Step 3 of 7. I did mine nearly 4 months ago and I am still on Step 1 of 7.

Honestly prefer that over being on step 3 of 7 since I have only put down $100 not $500 on a vehicle that is most likely 7 or 8 months away for delivery.
I did RWD Pro S

·
340 Posts
I ordered two AWD’s Sept 23th and 26th. VW Corporate said than my cars are in the first batch of AWD’s to be delivered to the USA in October.
How did you get that feedback? I thought we only had the website tracker to go by and then the dealer once the vehicle is in transit?

·
295 Posts
Yeah I think its tough to give you any real idea of a timeline. As the cars roll out its shortening for sure. If you just ordered an AWD you have many months to go
It is a grueling wait. I would say at least 4 months. Mine left Germany on the 18th of March and my wheel still hasn’t changed. I tracked the shipped that left Germany on the 18th. It made all its stops in the US and my wheel still hasn’t changed. Be patient. It’s a waiting game.

·
175 Posts
How did you get that feedback? I thought we only had the website tracker to go by and then the dealer once the vehicle is in transit?
VW sent an email to AWD reservation holders, notifying us of the delay.

Reactions: krusshall

·
295 Posts
VW sent an email to AWD reservation holders, notifying us of the delay.
Mine is the FE. My dealer confirmed it was on a ship that left on March 18th, they have a VIN assigned and everything but my wheel hasn’t changed. Maybe the ship sunk at sea. Should have loaded my car yesterday in Houston but still no word or change in status

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue
472 Posts
Mine is the FE. My dealer confirmed it was on a ship that left on March 18th, they have a VIN assigned and everything but my wheel hasn’t changed. Maybe the ship sunk at sea. Should have loaded my car yesterday in Houston but still no word or change in status
I suspect there is still A LOT of paperwork to be done and possibly port side inspection and potential firmware updates to be done or at least determined before any update to the wheel of anxiety. Vehicle logistics appears to be very complicated and not like phone shipments. I suspect international marine logistics and transport laws are full of all sorts of red tape and waiting.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
433 Posts
Did your dealer give you a ship number? Mine also gave me info showing ship departure of March 18, and ship number 266. And my wheel also has not updated past 4/7 yet.

·
295 Posts
Did your dealer give you a ship number? Mine also gave me info showing ship departure of March 18, and ship number 266. And my wheel also has not updated past 4/7 yet.
No he did not give me the ship number but there was only one ship that I could see leaving port that day to the US. It made all iTs US stops and is now headed back

·
41 Posts
I asked when will the cars be delivered as I ordered them last September and she said as my cars were ordered in the first few days, they would be in the first batch of deliveries. I said that over a year is a long time to wait for a car and she said she was sorry for the delays but assured me I would be getting them in October. Let’s see what happens.

·
295 Posts
I asked when will the cars be delivered as I ordered them last September and she said as my cars were ordered in the first few days, they would be in the first batch of deliveries. I said that over a year is a long time to wait for a car and she said she was sorry for the delays but assured me I would be getting them in October. Let’s see what happens.

My FE just went from 4 to five. It is in the US and on its way to our dealer. We ordered in Dec and changed to the FE when they opened it back up in Jan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts