Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any are looking for a key fob cover, I just got one from Amazon that looks sharp and was not pricy. Unfortunately, they are out of stock right now. The only other cover I have found is on eBay and it comes from China.

Attachments

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition (Dusk Blue)
310 Posts
If any are looking for a key fob cover, I just got one from Amazon that looks sharp and was not pricy. Unfortunately, they are out of stock right now. The only other cover I have found is on eBay and it comes from China.
I just got that exact one coming next week. It's nice? I hope so.

·
68 Posts
Have that one from Amazon. Works great but is a dust/lint magnet but protection is more important. Cheers!

·
30 Posts
I have this same one- it is awesome!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
I purchased this one from Amazon; it seems to do the trick (and it appears to be in stock).
kwmobile Key Cover
I have this one:

Maybe not quite as elegant, but it keeps buttons from getting inadvertently pressed. I first got it when I had the Kona.

·
ID.4 RWD Pro S Dusk Blue
110 Posts
Do you have a link to this one? Even though it is out of stock right now, I would like to get one when they are available.

·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have a link to this one? Even though it is out of stock right now, I would like to get one when they are available.
Here is a link, but you will not find it on Amazon anymore.

iJDMTOY Black Soft Silicone Key Fob Cover w/Red Stripe Compatible with Volkswagen MK8 Golf/GTI, Skoda Octavia with 3/4/5-Button Smart key

·
58 Posts
Seems the key is a bit form over function. I never had to worry about false alarms being triggered with my Touareg key in my pocket but I have set off the panic alarm multiple times in the ID4.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
415 Posts
Seems the key is a bit form over function. I never had to worry about false alarms being triggered with my Touareg key in my pocket but I have set off the panic alarm multiple times in the ID4.
I guess it just depends on the pockets, cause I have had zero accidental button presses so far in my month of owning the car.

·
58 Posts
I guess it just depends on the pockets, cause I have had zero accidental button presses so far in my month of owning the car.
Emphasis on the “compared to” part. I had zero false triggers in 5 years of sticking the Touareg key in the tiny jeans watch pocket vs 4 in two months. Normally when climbing up a ladder or leaning over a countertop.

·
94 Posts
Could you post a picture of how it looks?
We got ours from a different listing way back in March (one red, one gray), when we thought our FE was about to arrive. Finally put them on this week! I like the look of the main cover, but I don't love the hardware. I find it overly bulky, especially the screw-together stud, which is almost 1/4" longer than it needs to be. I'm giving it a chance for at least a week, but will probably ditch all but the main cover to reduce the bulk in my pocket.

·
18 Posts
We got ours from a different listing way back in March (one red, one gray), when we thought our FE was about to arrive. Finally put them on this week! I like the look of the main cover, but I don't love the hardware. I find it overly bulky, especially the screw-together stud, which is almost 1/4" longer than it needs to be. I'm giving it a chance for at least a week, but will probably ditch all but the main cover to reduce the bulk in my pocket.

View attachment 3563 View attachment 3564
Got mine in today. I took the mounting hardware off it so it isn’t as bulky looking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts