Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the key fob setting in the ID.4 to program the memory seats and mirrors to each fob

ID.4 1st Glacier White w/Lunar Gray - order 9/23
Key fob profiles are not currently available in the USA ID.4:cry:

ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
I am confused, ID.4 does not recognized key fob to set seat and mirror positions? Even my current 2016 Audi and older TDI Jetta wagon (diesel gate and now gone) have that function.

ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
I am confused, ID.4 does not recognized key fob to set seat and mirror positions? Even my current 2016 Audi and older TDI Jetta wagon (diesel gate and now gone) have that function.
I may have a fuzzy recollection here, but my '06 Jetta TDI had this feature, and I was disappointed to find that on the '15 Passat that replaced it, this wasn't available at any trim level. The chat on the TDI forum at the time was that VW was trying to create brand differentiation from Audi by restricting available features, which goes to show how far we've come in 5 years! ACC? Check. Heated steering wheel? Check. Massaging seat? Check. Key fob driver profiles? Uh, no! ...gonna need to buy four rings for that.

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our Tiguan had it but no function for it in the ID.4. You have the seat settings for two people but not per fob. I am guessing it will be a software update soon
yeah our 2019 Tiguan wouldn鈥檛 work half the time. Easier just to push the preset button on seat for memory sets

I have a 2018 SEL Tiguan Premium that remembers seat position as tied to each key fob. However, it has never meant much to my wife and I as we happen to like the same seat position.

I've just joined this forum and this is my first post here. I've been strongly considering a hybrid or EV for my next car and I am extremely intrigued by the ID4. It is ringing a lot bells for me, it seems to be almost an ideal -- and very practical -- car in so many ways. That said, I realize that no car is perfect, so there will always be a decision regarding what compromises are acceptable. The key fob issue is not one that bothers me.

I could see this being frustrating for a shared car, especially for somebody accustom to the feature. But I agree, just a nice to have, not a deal breaker. My i3 has manual seats! Yet frustrating when you know the feature is "baked in" and just not activated.

Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 2018 SEL Tiguan Premium that remembers seat position as tied to each key fob. However, it has never meant much to my wife and I as we happen to like the same seat position.

I've just joined this forum and this is my first post here. I've been strongly considering a hybrid or EV for my next car and I am extremely intrigued by the ID4. It is ringing a lot bells for me, it seems to be almost an ideal -- and very practical -- car in so many ways. That said, I realize that no car is perfect, so there will always be a decision regarding what compromises are acceptable. The key fob issue is not one that bothers me.
Our Tiguan was the premium it was a very nice car also have had the ID for one day now. It is a great car. Just plugged it into our home charger, nice not having to put gas in it.

2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
I could see this being frustrating for a shared car, especially for somebody accustom to the feature. But I agree, just a nice to have, not a deal breaker. My i3 has manual seats! Yet frustrating when you know the feature is "baked in" and just not activated.
I'm just happy there are memory seats and mirrors at all! Huge upgrade from the manual seats in our Bolt, since my wife and I share the same car very frequently. Sure, fob profiles would be nice, but that's just a tiny extra convenience that personally I don't care about at all at this point. I'd rather see the easy entry setting get enabled.

Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not only memory drive but memory passenger and both have massage and heat function. We have the first addition don鈥檛 know if all the models will have this.

Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
Isn't it easier to just open the driver's door and push the respective memory seat button, rather than fumbling for a key fob? Or as I do when I (now far less frequently) drive my wife's GLA is to push the button to reset for her when I get home. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Heck, I don't even like having to use the fob to unlock the vehicle and thereby my EVSE plug (hopefully the 'unlock when charged' gets resolved).

It doesn't require handling the fob; whichever fob is present at the driver's door at unlock triggers that memory setting to be selected.

My Ford Flex has this feature combined with comfort access where the seat and steering wheel both retract for egress, so when getting in, both are out of the way and adjust to their correct places at engine start.

It doesn't require handling the fob; whichever fob is present at the driver's door at unlock triggers that memory setting to be selected.

My Ford Flex has this feature combined with comfort access where the seat and steering wheel both retract for egress, so when getting in, both are out of the way and adjust to their correct places at engine start.
As I understand it Mach-e does the same but using phone.

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Isn't it easier to just open the driver's door and push the respective memory seat button, rather than fumbling for a key fob? Or as I do when I (now far less frequently) drive my wife's GLA is to push the button to reset for her when I get home. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Heck, I don't even like having to use the fob to unlock the vehicle and thereby my EVSE plug (hopefully the 'unlock when charged' gets resolved).
The Tiguan when it worked recognized which key unlocked was on the drivers side when the door was unlocked and moved the seat to the appropriate driver. But yes just as easy to open the door and push the button

White Pro S
Honestly, I've got that feature on both my accord hybrid and wife's explorer, and it's kind of a pain. It sounds great but we're constantly taking each other's keys and then we have to remember to hit the button or stop, put the car in park, and then hit it. Easier to just hit the button.

White Pro S
My wife isn't the purse sort. She is, however, the large bag full of legal docs and a computer and a million other things sort. Also she's the leave the key in the damn car sort. So she frequently steals my damn key because she can't find hers.

Fortunately she pretty much hates driving my accord and she's not looking too into the id either, so it only matters when we drive hers.

2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
Honestly, I've got that feature on both my accord hybrid and wife's explorer, and it's kind of a pain. It sounds great but we're constantly taking each other's keys and then we have to remember to hit the button or stop, put the car in park, and then hit it. Easier to just hit the button.
You can't change which memory profile you're using without being in Park? Why? Is the ID.4 like that or just your other cars?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts