Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I contacted Galpin VW today to see if they could better determine my vehicle arrival time. I have been at step 5 for a bit, but had my VIN swapped in the logistics error from last week. I. have been dealing with one of their online sales folks and they were quite nice albeit through email, so who knows. My car should be there on Monday. So I guess a Wednesday delivery? Cinco de Mayo? I'll continue to document my experience.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
457 Posts
Somebody from Nor Cal on the Facebook group posted that customer service told them their 1st Edition was affected by an offload error (no details) and their ID.4 was further away than ideal, so they VIN swapped them for one that was in Houston. Whatever occurred behind the scenes sounds like a story I'd love to hear. I know mistakes happen, but this one sounds pretty major logistical scramble to fix.

·
38 Posts
I contacted Galpin VW today to see if they could better determine my vehicle arrival time. I have been at step 5 for a bit, but had my VIN swapped in the logistics error from last week. I. have been dealing with one of their online sales folks and they were quite nice albeit through email, so who knows. My car should be there on Monday. So I guess a Wednesday delivery? Cinco de Mayo? I'll continue to document my experience.
Please do let us know how it goes and if they're set up with clean fuel program. I moved my reservation over to galpin last week.

·
2021 1st
476 Posts
I would recommend this dealer, since they sold at MSRP and was quite easy to deal with.
I really like Murrieta. Always had a good service dept., too. I probably should have gone there (would have gotten a $500 discount, too) but I wasn't looking for an FE when I went to my local dealership.

·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So the vehicle arrived today actually. I am scheduled to go in tomorrow afternoon and do what needs to be done. Again, so far everything has been pleasant, but tomorrow things will surely get less fun.

Reactions: MBrandenburg

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Santa Monica vw seems highly reviewed and was closest to me. Too early to tell but early experience not great. They only added me to their regular newsletter so I get emails selling me gas cars. I reached out for first time last week via email with two questions and received a form response from a salesman to call to discuss further. I called and he asked what my questions were... Which I didn't think was the greatest customer service.

One of my two questions was whether they had registered for newish California clean rebate ($1500 point of sale) ... They had not but were 'looking into it' And planning to register asap
I cancelled my order..dealing with Santa Monica VW was awful.

·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok, everything is done. Galpin was easy to work with and spelled everything out. No hidden fees other than an E-DMV fee of $30 for filing. Everything was straight forward, although I was one of the first that they had to work with so I had to help them push for the CA clean fuel reward and how to apply it. Andy Cisnerno was my sales guy, he we was great. Raffi was F&I, retook the time to offer a few things, but didn't oversell. Thumbs up!

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
594 Posts
Ok, everything is done. Galpin was easy to work with and spelled everything out. No hidden fees other than an E-DMV fee of $30 for filing. Everything was straight forward, although I was one of the first that they had to work with so I had to help them push for the CA clean fuel reward and how to apply it. Andy Cisnerno was my sales guy, he we was great. Raffi was F&I, retook the time to offer a few things, but didn't oversell. Thumbs up!
Great, I am at Galpin as well (or will be when the AWDs are delivered). It's good to hear they were straight forward. The electronic filing fee is referenced by CA DMV (technically, the fee is "up to" $30, but pretty much every dealer charges $30).

Did you lease or finance? If so, did they give you the VW rates without shenanigans?

·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I financed, but I intend to pay it off immediately so interest rate wasn’t worth my bickering over as long as there were no loan initiation fees. I think they offered 3.8 %. I suggested there were lower options. I think, based on my other pressure about rebates, that if I pushed a hair they would have found the 2.08 rate.

·
3 Posts
I just got my car last Saturday from Galpin North Hills. They assigned a new sales rep to me and the whole transaction took me 4.50 hours. Their excuse is because it is their busiest day and time (Saturday afternoon). I even completed my credit application 4 days prior. They offered 3.8% but my credit union offered my 2.19% and they counter offer 2.40% so I just took the option contract. Btw, I was not able to setup Car-Net and Car-net's customer service ask me to press the SOS button and I got a message that SOS is deactivated. That is apparently the reason. So check the SOS button. One more thing, I forgot about the Electrify America code and when I called back, my sales rep doesn't know what I am taking about.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
594 Posts
I just got my car last Saturday from Galpin North Hills. They assigned a new sales rep to me and the whole transaction took me 4.50 hours. Their excuse is because it is their busiest day and time (Saturday afternoon). I even completed my credit application 4 days prior. They offered 3.8% but my credit union offered my 2.19% and they counter offer 2.40% so I just took the option contract. Btw, I was not able to setup Car-Net and Car-net's customer service ask me to press the SOS button and I got a message that SOS is deactivated. That is apparently the reason. So check the SOS button. One more thing, I forgot about the Electrify America code and when I called back, my sales rep doesn't know what I am taking about.
Since I am intending on leasing, I have a bad feeling I will be walking away from my reservation at Galpin so should start evaluating other options. VW is (was) offering 2.06% financing yet they wouldn't even provide that to you (and that is with you have alternative financing). The combination of being forced to the one dealership with the reservation and leasing makes me a captive audience - there will be virtually zero chance they will honor any VW rate. I guess I should start preparing my Yelp review now.

If anyone is interested, Galpin will have a Scale Silver Metallic Pro S AWD for sale in October-December (or sometime in 2022).

·
3 Posts
Galpin just got back to me with the EA code. My EA account is now active.

·
29 Posts
Anybody know anything about the Ventura County VW dealerships, and which is preferred? I'm also open to the one in Woodland Hills, or others in "the valley" East of the Conejo Valley.

·
2 Posts
I walked away from my FE reservation at CardinaleWay in Corona. I was in contact with the salesperson for the past 2 months. On at least 2 occasions before the car was shipped, she said they don't mark up or do add ons. I reach out to her to start the paperwork this past Tuesday. I've got a credit score over 800. They offered me 2.99 % for 60 months (wtf?). I noticed an add on for VIN etching, door guards, and nitrogen. So she blatantly lied. I tried to get the add ons removed or discounted. They wouldn't budge. They were really arrogant about it too. Telling me if I don't take it, someone else will. They also mentioned I'm not the first person to cancel their reservation. They were definitely a bunch of unprofessional and unethical people. I don't recommend them at all.

·
29 Posts
I walked away from my FE reservation at CardinaleWay in Corona. I was in contact with the salesperson for the past 2 months. On at least 2 occasions before the car was shipped, she said they don't mark up or do add ons. I reach out to her to start the paperwork this past Tuesday. I've got a credit score over 800. They offered me 2.99 % for 60 months (wtf?). I noticed an add on for VIN etching, door guards, and nitrogen. So she blatantly lied. I tried to get the add ons removed or discounted. They wouldn't budge. They were really arrogant about it too. Telling me if I don't take it, someone else will. They also mentioned I'm not the first person to cancel their reservation. They were definitely a bunch of unprofessional and unethical people. I don't recommend them at all.
Sorry to hear that, I’m sure it must feel super disappointing to have to walk away like that after waiting all this time.

·
2 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I’m sure it must feel super disappointing to have to walk away like that after waiting all this time.
I was angry at first. Then the anger turned to disappoinment. It did suck after waiting so long. I reached out to VW customer care. They contacted CardinaleWay VW. VW Customer Care said they can't control how the dealership does business. However, Customer Care did offer to help find an available FE at a nearby dealerships. I'll update this post if they get back to me.

·
29 Posts
Yeah, I’m slowly arriving at the conclusion that I just may not be able to afford to be an early adopter of one of these newer EVs, as much as I would like to be and it would assuage my conscience some. The idea of a Pro model at $40,000 with tax credits sounded within reach, and I thought it would be notably cheaper than a Tesla. But dealers are listing them higher than that, and when you add all the fees and add ons that they are going to be asking for, I don’t think I’m a good candidate to be paying a premium. I can’t justify spending over $45k on a new car on our budget.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
454 Posts
Yeah, I’m slowly arriving at the conclusion that I just may not be able to afford to be an early adopter of one of these newer EVs, as much as I would like to be and it would assuage my conscience some. The idea of a Pro model at $40,000 with tax credits sounded within reach, and I thought it would be notably cheaper than a Tesla. But dealers are listing them higher than that, and when you add all the fees and add ons that they are going to be asking for, I don’t think I’m a good candidate to be paying a premium. I can’t justify spending over $45k on a new car on our budget.
I think you should be able to get a Pro at around $45k. My FE came to around $49k out the door.
Got the $1500 CA clean fuel rebate applied at the dealer, hope to get the $2000 CA clean car rebate if funds are still available, and of course the $7500 fed tax credit and the $2000 CA tax credit early next year. Here's hoping you won't get dealer BS and stick to your budget ceiling.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts