Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently halfway through a long road trip from Florida to Indiana to see the family. Driving my ‘16 Mazda3 with a manual transmission through the Atlanta area traffic jams and then through the Tennessee mountains and dreaming about having adaptive cruise and lane keeping in the ID. It’s going to feel like going forward 20 years, not 5 with all the new features and drivetrain. Gonna have to do this trip again once we have the VW and compare driver fatigue, comfort, and time compared to the old ICE car. Can’t wait!

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
701 Posts
I had similar thoughts on my mind today as we drove out to the desert and back. Is this the last time in our old car? And how much more fun and how much more relaxed will driving be in the ID.4? The round trip should just about fit into the range, and if it’s not quite enough because we gunned the car or the mountains took an additional toll, there are a couple of EA 150 kW stations in the last 40 miles.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st, Dusk Blue
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had similar thoughts on my mind today as we drove out to the desert and back. Is this the last time in our old car? And how much more fun and how much more relaxed will driving be in the ID.4? The round trip should just about fit into the range, and if it’s not quite enough because we gunned the car or the mountains took an additional toll, there are a couple of EA 150 kW stations in the last 40 miles.
You seem to have a lot more EV infrastructure out west; we can only hope to catch up! When stopped for bio breaks I’m filling up the gas each time so I don’t get stuck in a traffic jam while getting low, and I realized that 150 miles is a really good distance between stops for me. If the charging station is close to services I’ll be set. It’ll be very interesting to try it out the first couple of times till I get used to it.

·
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
701 Posts
Out here most EA stations are in malls or next to Walmart or such. Services should be far nicer than gas stations. I am really looking forward to less grimy bio breaks!
And you’re right, as the state with the highest number of EVs on the road our charging infrastructure is quite nice by now. 😊

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,547 Posts
Given our current Winter weather, and desire to keep it under 20K miles for resale, my TTS has been hibernating on a Battery Tender and StaBil 360. But I too should be able to get in one more good drive given the latest delays in FE availability. Always a silver lining there is (or is that Yang to Yin?). ;)

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,547 Posts
As one in seven Americans is Californian you have the highest number of most everything. 🤪

Out here most EA stations are in malls or next to Walmart or such. Services should be far nicer than gas stations. I am really looking forward to less grimy bio breaks!
And you’re right, as the state with the highest number of EVs on the road our charging infrastructure is quite nice by now. 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts