Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Glacier White
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the latest update for the Electrify America on iOS and it won’t open fully. It says it needs the latest update from the store, only this is the latest update. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
294 Posts
Ha, like someone driving from a milk carton and asking if it tastes bad, I just updated and get the same thing. Yep, it's sour. Report it to EA?

5.16.0 on iOS, released 13 hours ago.

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha, like someone driving from a milk carton and asking if it tastes bad, I just updated and get the same thing. Yep, it's sour. Report it to EA?

5.16.0 on iOS, released 13 hours ago.
Reported it to EA and they could not care less. Got a meh we will look into it response.

If you have an iPhone and have updated to the latest version and see this, please flood their support lines so they may decide to do something about it.

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Flood Twitter with reports. Nothing gets the appthetic to get off of their duffs and do something like a little bad public press. I would ordinarily give a company the benefit of the doubt but EA has consistently failed and let me down over the years I have been “trying” to use them. Notably the other app issues I have had have been worked on for a year now with no progress and now they take away the ability to charge altogether? They need to get with it. I wonder if Ford and Hyundai are aware that their charging partner is so inept??

·
280 Posts
They nuked me too. I can open it but it lost my VIN and of course all record of my code for free charging.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I just updated my phone to iOS 14.6 thinking maybe the EA app 5.16.0 would work better, nope, still the same "Update Required". 👎

·
280 Posts
I just contacted EA by phone using the phone number for when a charger is broken. The Thursday before Memorial Day weekend is a GREAT time to be updating a travel related app. I she has all of my data on record tied to my email. Now so far I haven’t found a procedure to resign in.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
The latest EA App update in conjunction with latest iOS on the iPhone 12 is working fine for me. I use Face ID to activate btw, perhaps I'm just more handsome? 😆

Make sure to close all Apps and then give it another try, and/or hard reboot the iPhone?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
The latest EA App update in conjunction with latest iOS on the iPhone 12 is working fine for me.

Make sure to close all Apps and then give it another try. Or possibly hard reboot the iPhone?
Are you sure you are using 5.16.0? The regular app store wasn't notifying me of any updates, I had to search for the EA app and it showed an update was available.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,554 Posts
Yes, I am using v5.16 which was installed May 13th by auto-install. So not exactly a "new" version.

iOS v14.6 just earlier this morning, before seeing this thread.
Are you sure you are using 5.16.0? The regular app store wasn't notifying me of any updates, I had to search for the EA app and it showed an update was available.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I'm not showing any newer version of the EA App beyond circa May 13th. Even when searching the App store by name it simply says "Open" for my already installed App. 🤷‍♂️ I do have auto-installs enabled. Weird.
Maybe they yanked the offending version already? You should be able to see version history in the app store.

Sorry, caught me in a line change. Latest EA App and iOS confirmed and AOK on my iPhone 12. Keep in mind I had an iPhone 12 issue when earlier models were ok with the EA App, so ... -Huey52

·
214 Posts
I'm not showing any newer version of the EA App beyond circa May 13th. Even when searching the App store by name it simply says "Open" for my already installed App. 🤷‍♂️ I do have auto-installs enabled. Weird.
They likely pulled the new app update perhaps. ** No, doesn't appear so. **

Sorry: I was in the midst of revising my post. Yes, I am running the latest versions of both App and iOS AOK -Huey52

1 - 20 of 51 Posts