Volkswagen ID Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
An interesting thing happened when they finally fixed the app to allow use. I noticed the long standing bug I had into them was fixed. The bug was that after a period of time or if I completely killed the app, the app would not remember my FaveTime registration, notification settings and would forget my favorites. I am pleased to see that this looks to be fixed. I was able to kill the app a few times and come back to my favorites being there.
Scratch that. Still broken and does not remember after app falls out of memory. Sigh

If you're using your Electrify America pass in wallet, then you shouldn't need to open the app. But if you're paying with a credit card via Apple Pay, then you're just paying a bit more per kWh than if you used your EA account.
I'm still no paying anything because I select the virtual EA card and use that before swiping.

I'm still no paying anything because I select the virtual EA card and use that before swiping.
I keep forgetting to try NFC by plugging in and directly using the EA virtual card in Apple Wallet. Does it start charging without opening the EA app, going to the charger location, and selecting the individual charging unit in the EA app? Thanks.

Edit: I guess that's what you mean by swiping, still have to do it.

I initially had the issue after updating the app around noon today. Now, at 9PM, it looks like it's been fixed at least for me. It appears this was an issue on EA's end.

I keep forgetting to try NFC by plugging in and directly using the EA virtual card in Apple Wallet. Does it start charging without opening the EA app, going to the charger location, and selecting the individual charging unit in the EA app? Thanks.

Edit: I guess that's what you mean by swiping, still have to do it.
I only use the EA virtual card in my Apple Wallet and Apple Watch. Plug in, bring up the card on the watch, tap the NF sensor, done. I’ve never used the EA app for anything.

The problem has been long-since fixed, but I just got a voicemail from EA letting me know that they should have fixed the problem and to check back if I am still having problems. They gave me a case number too, so at least they are following up.

The problem has been long-since fixed, but I just got a voicemail from EA letting me know that they should have fixed the problem and to check back if I am still having problems. They gave me a case number too, so at least they are following up.

I got a voicemail yesterday as well that they were looking into the issue. It only took them 5 days to acknowledge that I emailed them with an issue……

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.