Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong place. Leased an ID.4 1st. Car is fine. Software a bit slow to boot and laggy but the fundamental performance of the car is great. However, big issue is I'm told by Electrify America that I cannot create an account using my Google Pixel phone. The app crashes at the 'accept terms' banner and dumps me back to the email/password page saying check your email and password even though they are fine (verified by EA rep). The EA rep says that my phone does not work with their app. Anyone else run into this issue? Did not think I'd have to buy a new phone to take advantage of 3 yrs of free charging.

·
2021 First Edition
177 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Which Pixel? I was thinking of upgrading to one of the newer ones soon.

BTW - my ancient Sony phone works fine with EA.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Sorry if this is the wrong place. Leased an ID.4 1st. Car is fine. Software a bit slow to boot and laggy but the fundamental performance of the car is great. However, big issue is I'm told by Electrify America that I cannot create an account using my Google Pixel phone. The app crashes at the 'accept terms' banner and dumps me back to the email/password page saying check your email and password even though they are fine (verified by EA rep). The EA rep says that my phone does not work with their app. Anyone else run into this issue? Did not think I'd have to buy a new phone to take advantage of 3 yrs of free charging.

I use a Pixel 4a 5G and the EA app works fine for me. I'm on Android 11 with the April 5 update.

·
84 Posts
I have a Pixel 3XL and it seems to work fine. Haven't made it to an EA charging station yet, so can't speak for all functionality.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if it's the phone or Android version. My older phone is locked to Android v 10.0 and can't upgrade beyond that.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
946 Posts
My wife has a Pixel 3 on Android 11 and just completed her first EA charging session using the app. No problems other than stuck on the "initiating" screen after charging commenced.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
929 Posts
Does your phone have NFC, and is it turned on?

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
phone has NFC and it is on. Just to be clear payment is not th eissue. Getting an account setup is where if fails.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
Setup the account on the EA website instead, and then just login on the phone app?

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could not find a place to setup an account on the website. The EA rep basically said you have to use the app. That would be a nice work around, but I got the impression thre's soethingabout my phone that would not let the app function even if i had an account.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nai3t, my wife's Pixel 3 android 11 has the same problem as I do. Strange that it works for your wife.

·
20 Posts
I have a Pixel 3 on Google Fi and I have it setup on EA. When setting up, it initially didn’t like my phone number but restarted the app and it installed and setup ok. Haven’t been to an EA charging station yet so don’t know if it works. Planning a trip next week.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
946 Posts
Nai3t, my wife's Pixel 3 android 11 has the same problem as I do. Strange that it works for your wife.
That is strange, because she's hating her phone right now ever since the 11 update. She's had a bunch of annoying bugs and one gets resolved then a new one pops up, she's been crawling around the forums and there's nobody with symptoms exactly like hers. I keep trying to revert her to 10 but she's resisting, I think she enjoys complaining about it! :D

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all of the input. I have three tickets in with the EA support. They are not optimistic of their software working with older Google phones.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts