Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my ID.4 for about 10 days now and I just tried plugging it using the level 1 charger for the very first time. I decided when I got my ID.4 to test if level 1 charging at home would suit my driving needs before upgrading. I just tried plugging it in for the first time and I got an error message on the dash and infotainment system that reads "Please follow the charging station instructions, or use another charging unit." Has anyone else had this happen to them? The lights on the charger box go all green when I plug it into the outlet (which is brand new specifically installed for this use) but when I plug into the car, the car clicks after about two seconds, the lights on the charger box go out and the error message shows up on the car screens.

Do I have a defective level 1 charger?

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
899 Posts
It the EVSE isn't indicating an error, then it ought not be a ground fault, but never say never! First I'd try plugging it to a different receptacle on a different circuit, then I'd try to find another EV to plug it into (and theirs into yours). Or just take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I found, that you have to push the charging cable in with force. You can hear the pin lock the cable in place. Also, look to make sure there is not a blinking red light on the charging indicator. If not, repeat again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts