Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

That should be related to the subscription fee that you set on VW portal or car app. If you don't want it don't subscribe and delete by clicking upper left corner of the screen. If subscribed call customer service for troubleshooting support. This could be also triggered in areas where IOT doesn't connect to the internet for extended periods of time.

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even my local dealer didn't know what the message was for.

So I spoke with VW customer care and they said that I have to contact Bosch Car-Net customer service for further assistance at 833-648-2735. I will call later during my lunch hour. Argh. So frustrating.

Yeah, some of us had a similar problem with getting the car to register with the application when we first got our cars as well. Took a call to the same number, an internal ticket, and a few days for it to 'work'. Hopefully the tech you get on the phone can help you fix it right off. Probably best to call from the car area as they will probably need some info from the car to enable it.

Premium Member
2022 Pro S AWD v3.1
In your pic you seem to have no 4G connection, but it's complaining about lack of 2G/3G connection. Does this issue go away when you have a solid 4G connection? It may be trying to fall back to 3G or 2G but there isn't any since they've been mostly subsetted by now, or you just have terrible cell reception where the photo was taken.

Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4G is connected fine. Look at pic again, it clearly shows 4G. My phone connects fine as well.

I spoke with car-net rep and they couldn't fix it OTA, so they advised that I take it to a dealer for a technician to look into it.

WTH!

Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So I'm at a loss.

Been on phone with car-net guys and they say it has to be fixed at a dealer. I've been to 3 different dealers. No fix... The last dealership said that there will be a software update soon to fix the notice and to just ignore it for now. I'm on 3.1 now.

If anyone has any ideas?

Here is service summary.
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD w/Gradient reserved 10/23/2021, locked 1/14/2022 - Moonstone
Same issue on my car. Dealer has no clue but is seeing it in their other 2022 models as well.

• Wow
Reactions: Mrau

Banned
[US] Cell phone companies turned off 2G and 3G networks in the US.
Thoes who have cars with 2G/3G lost connection.This is the warning for them
But VW ID.4 has 4G.
Why in the year 2022 VW is putting 4G into the car? The 6G is coming. The 5G is almost everywhere.
Why they are directing 2G/3G warning into 4G cars is beyond me.
Simply stupid.

Super Moderator
One consideration is that automotive manufacturers must make design choices years in advance of actual production. They try to be forward looking but at the same time have to balance the ultimate cost of the vehicle (as a longtime design engineer I only a couple times got to design projects independent of the beancounters!).

Some manufacturers, such as Mercedes Benz, are even slower to roll out new technologies as they have a more "tried and true" mindset. Heck, my wife's 2018 GLA still has a telephone keypad on the dashboard panel. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
[US] Cell phone companies turned off 2G and 3G networks in the US.
Thoes who have cars with 2G/3G lost connection.This is the warning for them
But VW ID.4 has 4G.
Why in the year 2022 VW is putting 4G into the car? The 6G is coming. The 5G is almost everywhere.
Why they are directing 2G/3G warning into 4G cars is beyond me.
Simply stupid.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts