Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my dealer to check out a Pro S that is being prepped. I was able to take a few pictures of the innards of the lighted badge and the part number. They are not very good pictures. And there is no way for me to know if I could get the part and put it on my 1st Edition and make it work. Here it is part number 11A853600A AWA.

Hopefully some brave soul, who has extra cash to spend, can get the badge and see if it can be installed on the 1st Edition.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
I wonder why it has two connectors on it? I also see the radar sensor below the badge.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
430 Posts
I wonder why it has two connectors on it? I also see the radar sensor below the badge.
According the the wiring schematic there are 2 lights in it. One for the left side and one for the right. Why 2 LEDs need 2 power connectors I have no idea

Reactions: NBCGLX

·
Super Moderator
501 Posts
I would love to have that on my FE but I'm sure that part is more than I'm willing to spend!

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to have that on my FE but I'm sure that part is more than I'm willing to spend!
I agree. I was thinking of making one by buying a replacement badge part number 11A853601AAWA, getting a Badge Sticker lamp and connect to one of the light bars. Still a little expensive, but a whole lot less than $300 to $400.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 Pro S Gradient AWD pre-ordered 9/23/2020
398 Posts
According the the wiring schematic there are 2 lights in it. One for the left side and one for the right. Why 2 LEDs need 2 power connectors I have no idea
Yes, very bizarre indeed!

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
295 Posts
So this is strange, here's what my non-lighted one looks like from behind:

The illuminated LED bars extend all the way behind the badge. In javi_ID4's pic, the badge itself seems to have connectors in that location. Partslink24 shows the left and right decorative mouldings (11A 853 583 and 11A 853 584 ) grayed out for this VIN: WVGKMPE28MP024586

I wonder if this includes both the illuminated badge as well as the illuminated "grille" strips?

11A 853 600 A AWA VW sign Pure white/black front Illuminated PR:AV2+UD2,UD3+8IV

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

View attachment 2855

The illuminated LED bars extend all the way behind the badge. In javi_ID4's pic, the badge itself seems to have connectors in that location. Partslink24 shows the left and right decorative mouldings (11A 853 583 and 11A 853 584 ) grayed out for this VIN: WVGKMPE28MP024586

I wonder if this includes both the illuminated badge as well as the illuminated "grille" strips?

I should have taken more pictures. I was just trying to be careful because it was someone else's car. I'm posting all the pictures I took.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 ID.4 1st Blue - del. 3/16/21
295 Posts
Ooh, your pictures solve one mystery. The lighted grille sides are still there, they are just behind the upper half of the badge, the illuminated connectors are in the lower half.

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ooh, your pictures solve one mystery. The lighted grille sides are still there, they are just behind the upper half of the badge, the illuminated connectors are in the lower half.
Yes. But where do they connect to? That's where I failed.

·
564 Posts

View attachment 2855

I thought that those two boxes were radar transponders of some sort.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
963 Posts
Suckers? It was pretty clear on the spec sheet. I look at it as a bonus as I find the Mercedes illuminated emblems tacky, and have seen some hideous aftermarket lighted Audi badges.

·
564 Posts
Wish they would retro fit FE for free. We were the first suckers. LoL
My wife's Pacifica was supposed to come with foot operated door openers. Since they weren't available they didn't charge her for the $195 option.
About 4 months later they became available. The wiring was already installed. But out of the parts department it would now cost $600.
She uses the key fob.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts