Volkswagen ID Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I could live with the front VW Badge being a slave to the DRLs. Meaning when the right blinker is on (amber, white drl is off), the right side of the badge would be dim (off), same with left side. Actually might be cute.
When I was checking the plug, the voltage for pin 5 and 6 is 12v, however, if memory serves, the voltage on the other wires was 5 or 6 volts and at this point, I'm not sure if that is enough to power the badge.

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (4/20/2021) & Pro/S (8/20/21)
410 Posts
Here is the write up as promised.

Any clarification or questions, please reach out to me.
Thank you @javi_ID4 !! The parts all came in today and with a few minutes of sorting, reading and installing, it’s all done. My FE matches my wife’s Pro/S now - they both have a lighted VW badge. Thanks again for the simple instructions! Pics when it gets darker here and I find some additional time 😎

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Thank you @javi_ID4 !! The parts all came in today and with a few minutes of sorting, reading and installing, it’s all done. My FE matches my wife’s Pro/S now - they both have a lighted VW badge. Thanks again for the simple instructions! Pics when it gets darker here and I find some additional time 😎
My pleasure. Looking forward to the pictures

·
410 Posts
Can you share your experience with the installation? Did you do anything different from my instructions?
Use your instructions exactly. Even bought the same connectors (first time I used these - and they worked great). The only thing I didn’t use was the retaining screws (which I bought) - the badge locked right in like the one I took out. Maybe I missed something, but it’s solid and working well….

·
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Use your instructions exactly. Even bought the same connectors (first time I used these - and they worked great). The only thing I didn’t use was the retaining screws (which I bought) - the badge locked right in like the one I took out. Maybe I missed something, but it’s solid and working well….
My badge does lock in well. I would still use the screws just in case.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.4 1st (picked up 3/19/21).
1,730 Posts
I would really like to see if one can make Y cables instead of having to tap into existing wires. Any thoughts if that might be possible?
I have thought the same thing, and I was even casually searching for the connectors online. But I couldn't find a single supplier for everything. So far...1

·
410 Posts
I have thought the same thing, and I was even casually searching for the connectors online. But I couldn't find a single supplier for everything. So far...1
Sounds good - but I can tell you the taps were super easy and worked very well….

·
51 Posts
Way to go man! Thanks for posting.... I have ordered everything and it is all on it's way (except for 1 of the two pug housings - they say 2 weeks, but I think I found it somewhere else and ordered it again for $3). Looking forward to following the steps and getting it installed. Doesn't look too bad. When it's up and running, I'll make a donation to your charity of choice for your time and effort. :)
Could you link where you ordered your parts?

·
3 Posts
Yall might want to be careful.... If that front badge is anything like my mk7.5 Golf R that front badge might have the ACC sensor located in it. I found out the hard way that just removing my front grill threw off the calibration of the sensor which means I have to pay $600 to get it calibrated again. This means no Cruise Control as well.

·
Enthusiastic 1st Edition Owner
3,512 Posts
...that front badge might have the ACC sensor located in it. ...
The ID.4 radar unit (for some reason I'm recalling there are 2?) is/are located behind the fascia. Literally "hidden," not camouflaged behind the badge or blended into the grill behind a shiny black plastic mask. First car I've ever known / seen to hide the radar completely from view, though I believe Tesla may also do this.

·
Premium Member
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
492 Posts
The ID.4 radar unit (for some reason I'm recalling there are 2?) is/are located behind the fascia. Literally "hidden," not camouflaged behind the badge or blended into the grill behind a shiny black plastic mask. First car I've ever known / seen to hide the radar completely from view, though I believe Tesla may also do this.
Believe there are 3 radars total. The one in the front below the logo and one each in the rear lower quarter panels looking out to the rear and side.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts