Volkswagen ID Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
175 Posts
One is for the left side and one is for the right. Pull one out = 1/2 lit. 🤷‍♂️
There are potential reasons for this. For example, to animate the logo. I haven't studied the different lighting scenarios when you start the vehicle and turn on/off lights, but it is possible that the logo lighting moves in coordination with other lights. I do notice that it has a 2-step brightness upon unlock.

·
2021 ID.4 1st Edition Blue Dusk
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Has anyone tried this one the base Pro? I'd also need the light bar.
You should be able to run the wires from the badge to the headlights. You just need to find out which ones turn on the lights when is dark. You can use a multimeter to check the voltage is at least 12V. If someone lives near Jacksonville, FL and wants me to help with the setup, I'd be more than happy to assist.

·
22 Posts
You should be able to run the wires from the badge to the headlights. You just need to find out which ones turn on the lights when is dark. You can use a multimeter to check the voltage is at least 12V. If someone lives near Jacksonville, FL and wants me to help with the setup, I'd be more than happy to assist.
I meant that I would like to install a light bar as well.

·
22 Posts
They run on 12V also. I would connect them the same way.
Is there any documentation on the light bar part # and installation of it to on to the base Pro trim? The pro trim does not have the light bar and I'd like to install the light bar AND the emblem.

·
54 Posts
Is there any documentation on the light bar part # and installation of it to on to the base Pro trim? The pro trim does not have the light bar and I'd like to install the light bar AND the emblem.
For your reference, it's not very complicated.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts