Volkswagen ID Forum banner

Lighted Front Logo Installation (Mod)

83K views 226 replies 48 participants last post by  ErickF 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: I ended up being one of two brave souls who bought the lighted badge and installed it. Instructions for installation are located here.
I found a better wire connectors than the ones on the instructions. See this post and this post.

I went to my dealer to check out a Pro S that is being prepped. I was able to take a few pictures of the innards of the lighted badge and the part number. They are not very good pictures. And there is no way for me to know if I could get the part and put it on my 1st Edition and make it work. Here it is part number 11A853600A AWA.

Hopefully some brave soul, who has extra cash to spend, can get the badge and see if it can be installed on the 1st Edition.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
So this is strange, here's what my non-lighted one looks like from behind:

The illuminated LED bars extend all the way behind the badge. In javi_ID4's pic, the badge itself seems to have connectors in that location. Partslink24 shows the left and right decorative mouldings (11A 853 583 and 11A 853 584 ) grayed out for this VIN: WVGKMPE28MP024586

I wonder if this includes both the illuminated badge as well as the illuminated "grille" strips?

11A 853 600 A AWA VW sign Pure white/black front Illuminated PR:AV2+UD2,UD3+8IV

#11 ·
So this is strange, here's what my non-lighted one looks like from behind:

View attachment 2855

The illuminated LED bars extend all the way behind the badge. In javi_ID4's pic, the badge itself seems to have connectors in that location. Partslink24 shows the left and right decorative mouldings (11A 853 583 and 11A 853 584 ) grayed out for this VIN: WVGKMPE28MP024586

I wonder if this includes both the illuminated badge as well as the illuminated "grille" strips?

11A 853 600 A AWA VW sign Pure white/black front Illuminated PR:AV2+UD2,UD3+8IV
I should have taken more pictures. I was just trying to be careful because it was someone else's car. I'm posting all the pictures I took.

Attachments

#20 ·
My wife's Pacifica was supposed to come with foot operated door openers. Since they weren't available they didn't charge her for the $195 option.
About 4 months later they became available. The wiring was already installed. But out of the parts department it would now cost $600.
She uses the key fob.

#22 ·
Sucker as being the initial owners of this car. (Read sarcasm). I'm just saying it also because my car was in the shop for 3 days to fix a navigation system already.

My wife's Pacifica was supposed to come with foot operated door openers. Since they weren't available they didn't charge her for the $195 option.
About 4 months later they became available. The wiring was already installed. But out of the parts department it would now cost $600.
She uses the key fob.
I owned a 2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited also. Love everything was packaged towards the end of the product cycle. And the S trim was exactly what I wanted, no chrome.

#21 ·
They should honor the lower price as a good-will for the Pacifica, imo.

We were supposed to get the lighted emblem but the parts weren't available, from what I understand, so the wiring should all be in place (and from past experience VW tends to use a standard wiring loom across their trims).

Like Nai3t, however, I told myself the lighted logo would probably look tacky. I'm a sucker for options, though, so I will probably become tempted to option it to the hilt eventually :) What I'm really hoping for is a way to option in a front motor on our FEs.

#27 ·
Is anyone here familiar with sites like this, which claim to sell oem parts at reduced prices? If you just put the part number into Google there are a bunch of sites like this for the lighted badge part, seems odd to me that it would be so heavily discounted already, but what do I know!

Anyway, if it's legit I may go ahead and purchase one, then see if I can figure out how to put it in my FE, or possibly ask my dealer to figure it out for me [emoji14] I did already ask the parts manager about getting the lighted badge and he said his system shows it as compatible with my FE VIN, but he did "question...if it has a connector on the other end."

#28 ·
Looks like that site is Countryside Volkswagen Inc in Minnesota

There are several like that that are dealer parts departments selling direct on the internet and I have had good luck with the similar ones in the past.

I have bought from 1stVWparts.com and they are Auburn VW in Auburn WA. A lot of dealers have learned that selling a lot of parts at a little over cost and charging a few dollars for shipping is way better than selling one at list price locally. I have had good luck and you can even call them if there is a question or problem. I tend to support them because they are the ones who are learning and adapting to how the model is changing.

#31 ·
Looks like that site is Countryside Volkswagen Inc in Minnesota

There are several like that that are dealer parts departments selling direct on the internet and I have had good luck with the similar ones in the past.

I have bought from 1stVWparts.com and they are Auburn VW in Auburn WA. A lot of dealers have learned that selling a lot of parts at a little over cost and charging a few dollars for shipping is way better than selling one at list price locally. I have had good luck and you can even call them if there is a question or problem. I tend to support them because they are the ones who are learning and adapting to how the model is changing.
Keep in mind that many (most?) local dealers will price-match offers you find on the internet (the total including shipping). I have emailed the parts dept and had them come back with: yep, we can do that price and have it in stock, come get it. At the very least ask for a discount since you won’t get it if you don’t ask.
Thank you both for the info, good to know! I did already make the mistake of ordering the muddy buddy floor mats from my dealer parts department without asking for a discount or using that 10% that's currently active, although they did give me a $25 discount for having purchased my car there so not the worst. I'll make sure to try price matching in the future.

@theboomr If you decide to buy and you can successfully install, please provide lots of pictures.
I most definitely will, if it ever happens!

#29 ·
Keep in mind that many (most?) local dealers will price-match offers you find on the internet (the total including shipping). I have emailed the parts dept and had them come back with: yep, we can do that price and have it in stock, come get it. At the very least ask for a discount since you won’t get it if you don’t ask.

#37 ·
Has anyone with a Pro S tried unplugging the illuminated logo? I’m not supposed to take delivery until later this year (Pro S AWD), but I’m really not a fan of illuminated badges.

I’m hoping it can be unplugged with no errors. Can anyone confirm?

#39 ·
So I did buy the lighted badge and took it to the dealership to have it connected to my first edition oh, but the wiring is not in the first edition. They are trying to reach out to Volkswagen to find out what they need to do to connect it. The wiring is not even listed in the system as something they can order. I will update you guys once they come back with how they're going to be able to do it.

#45 ·
Ok, so my lighted badge is now installed, the part number for the wiring harness is 11A-971-095-R. I wanted to just replace the wiring harness but that turned out not to be an option on my own and the dealer wanted $900+ to do it. I just clipped the plugs for the lighted badge off the harness and spliced them into the wires for the light bar across the front. It worked great no errors at all! The lighted badge does require two fasteners to stay fully secured so I will update when I have that part number as I didn't realize it until I was installing it. I bought all the parts from www.ordereuroparts.com.

#46 ·
Ok, so my lighted badge is now installed, the part number for the wiring harness is 11A-971-095-R. I wanted to just replace the wiring harness but that turned out not to be an option on my own and the dealer wanted $900+ to do it. I just clipped the plugs for the lighted badge off the harness and spliced them into the wires for the light bar across the front. It worked great no errors at all! The lighted badge does require two fasteners to stay fully secured so I will update when I have that part number as I didn't realize it until I was installing it. I bought all the parts from www.ordereuroparts.com.
Nice!!! Pictures please

#55 ·
Y2k1258, thank you for your posts and pictures. I've tried to do my due diligence in this thread, but can't find it. How much is the lighted badge?
The badge part number is 11A-853-600-A-AWA

I did a spread sheet calculating both price and shipping from different websites. You may want to spend time to do the same so you can find the best price.

Price Shipping TotalWebsite URL
$ 267.30 $ 3.59 $ 270.89VW Sign 11A-853-600-A-AWA | VW Parts Source
$ 264.87 $ 6.52 $ 271.39VW Sign 11A-853-600-A-AWA | VW Car Part
$ 262.44 $ 9.17 $ 271.61
$ 264.26 $ 8.62 $ 272.88
$ 267.30 $ 6.08 $ 273.38VW Sign 11A-853-600-A-AWA | VW Parts Vortex
$ 264.87 $ 8.55 $ 273.42
$ 269.73 $ 6.52 $ 276.25
$ 264.87 $ 12.70 $ 277.57
$ 269.73 $ 9.71 $ 279.44
$ 279.45 $ 1.00 $ 280.45
$ 265.60 $ 24.56 $ 290.1611A-853-600-A-AWA - VW Sign - Volkswagen Parts and Accessories
$ 286.74 $ 8.60 $ 295.34
$ 296.46 $ - $ 296.46
$ 303.75 $ 6.40 $ 310.15VW Sign 11A-853-600-A-AWA | vworiginalparts
$ 303.75 $ 13.66 $ 317.41
$ 277.02 $ 55.95 $ 332.97
$ 352.35 $ - $ 352.35
$ 396.96 $ 17.16 $ 414.12