Volkswagen ID Forum banner
201 - 221 of 260 Posts

·
10 Posts
You know that VW Customer Support is an outsourced service that provides standardized answers, and they have access to the reservation system to see a bit more info than we do via the Developer Tools. Given all the information shared on various threads around this forum, it looks the last MY22s are going to be produced in August. Hence, if your car is still in 03, I think you/we can expect some sort of follow up from VW in the next days/couple of weeks in regard to MY transition... you know that comms is not a strong trait for them, hence give them some extra time ;)

Also, re the EV credit change in US, most of these cars if not all might be delivered before end of this year - Chatanooga is expected to produce 7,000 cars in December. That means they will likely produce somewhere around 20-23k ID4s by end of the year. Which, based on current interpretation, means those who locked, or most of them, will get the cars with the 7.5k tax break based on current legislation.

Hope in the end, it all works out for all the folks who locked.
Yeah. We have to remember:
1. They will only produce so many 2022s
2. They are planning to stop that MY soon
3. If you are still on code 03, they haven't even started your car
4. It can take weeks to move a car through assembly.

So if you are still in 03, they simply don't have much time to start MY22 cars before they switch to MY23, even in Europe. The customer service people don't manage all this. If they run out of MY22 parts or run out of time before production switches to the new MY, they will HAVE to move locked orders to MY23. Just my thoughts.

·
1,209 Posts
Yeah. We have to remember:
1. They will only produce so many 2022s
2. They are planning to stop that MY soon
3. If you are still on code 03, they haven't even started your car
4. It can take weeks to move a car through assembly.

So if you are still in 03, they simply don't have much time to start MY22 cars before they switch to MY23, even in Europe. The customer service people don't manage all this. If they run out of MY22 parts or run out of time before production switches to the new MY, they will HAVE to move locked orders to MY23. Just my thoughts.
One thing to keep in mind is that the hidden codes on the web portal are not really supposed to be public information and have often not been reliable indicators of where your car is in the process. So assuming that the codes are accurately displaying up-to-date current real-time status is maybe not the best assumption. For instance, my code status still showed 30-2 with a banner on the web page saying "Leaving the factory" 4 days after the car was already in my driveway.

·
609 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that the hidden codes on the web portal are not really supposed to be public information and have often not been reliable indicators of where your car is in the process. So assuming that the codes are accurately displaying up-to-date current real-time status is maybe not the best assumption. For instance, my code status still showed 30-2 with a banner on the web page saying "Leaving the factory" 4 days after the car was already in my driveway.
Woah! That’s wild. I mean my 2022 RWD Pro-s can’t be in 03 for much longer considering the 2023’s are coming out. Don’t know what to think anymore going on 4 months since locked. VW can do better then a 4 month old ETA 7/1-8/1 are you kidding me. 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,892 Posts
Woah! That’s wild. I mean my 2022 RWD Pro-s can’t be in 03 for much longer considering the 2023’s are coming out. Don’t know what to think anymore going on 4 months since locked. VW can do better then a 4 month old ETA 7/1-8/1 are you kidding me. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Order a 23! Take whichever one comes in first.

·
1,209 Posts
Because VW has been so poor at communicating status, people desperate to get status have been treating the hidden codes as the gospel truth. But as I said, they're not really meant for public consumption, and are certainly not updating in real time and can sometimes (though not always) be wildly inaccurate. So who knows what anyone's real status is in this transition period between model years and between manufacturing plants.

You've made it this far, @Adrian23, so I would do my best to sit tight for a couple of more weeks and wait for the dust to settle. VW has to let the 2022 locked orders know their status soon. But if I were still locked for a 2022, I'd just put in an order for a 2023 today in a roughly equivalent config, and see which one comes in first and cancel the other for a refund.

·
609 Posts
Because VW has been so poor at communicating status, people desperate to get status have been treating the hidden codes as the gospel truth. But as I said, they're not really meant for public consumption, and are certainly not updating in real time and can sometimes (though not always) be wildly inaccurate. So who knows what anyone's real status is in this transition period between model years and between manufacturing plants.

You've made it this far, @Adrian23, so I would do my best to sit tight for a couple of more weeks and wait for the dust to settle. VW has to let the 2022 locked orders know their status soon. But if I were still locked for a 2022, I'd just put in an order for a 2023 today in a roughly equivalent config, and see which one comes in first and cancel the other for a refund.
Hi @Manybees you know I’ve thought all afternoon on placing another reservation for 2023 same RWD configuration but you know I can afford paying another 100$ deposit to reserve but considering I just paid for my level 2 charger and to have installed I don’t necessarily have another 400$ to lock another order. So what if I do it then the 2023 locks and shows me an eta so now what I have 2 cars locked with questionable eta’s. I am willing to wait it out but do you honestly think the 2023 cat from TN could come before the 2022? Plus as you there was a price increase on most of Not all the models. I am leasing so I would like to keep my 22 with this price which is a little over 46k. This is so unnerving planning this communication game with VW I wish it was not this way. All I want is an update on my portal I have always understood there’s a wait.

·
1,209 Posts
but do you honestly think the 2023 cat from TN could come before the 2022?
I have no inside information, but it's difficult to see how deliveries of the last bunch of 2022 MY cars from Germany won't overlap somewhat with 2023 MY deliveries if the 2023s start showing up at dealerships in, say, October/early November.

We just got a huge dump of new info today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that what's coming next is that current owners and long-time reservation holders will get updates next about what the plan is for us. (I know, ever the optimist... I can't help it.)

·
609 Posts
I have no inside information, but it's difficult to see how deliveries of the last bunch of 2022 MY cars from Germany won't overlap somwhat with 2023 MY deliveries if the 2023s start showing up at dealerships in, say, October/early November.

We just got a huge dump of new info today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that what's coming next is that current owners and long-time reservation holders will get updates next about what the plan is for us. (I know, ever the optimist... I can't help it.)
That text from VW that I found on Facebook sent to dealers confirmed by @Spin did say new pricing was coming and it did today. It also stated new info was coming to reservation holders and better communication so I am patiently waiting for that.

·
1,209 Posts
That text from VW that I found on Facebook sent to dealers confirmed by @Spin did say new pricing was coming and it did today. It also stated new info was coming to reservation holders and better communication so I am patiently waiting for that.
Yeah, this forum probably would've melted down today if VW had also announced all of the other stuff today as well. I think they probably prefer to have all of the attention today directed at the future and the MY 2023 changes with the new cheaper, smaller battery version.

Reactions: Adrian23

·
609 Posts
@Manybees What is your thinking on my ETA for my 2022 the dates are on my signature? I have always thought it would be Oct/December For delivery. I am in West Palm Beach Florida.

·
1,209 Posts
@Manybees What is your thinking on my ETA for my 2022 the dates are on my signature? I have always thought it would be Oct/December.
I guess I'd be surprised if you and the 4/11 crowd didn't have something by the end of the year, barring unforeseen circumstances. But I've been surprised by a lot of things in the past few years, so my track record of predicting the future hasn't been very dependable. ;)

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD Moonstone Gray. Reserved 20 Mar 2022, Locked 13 July 2022
10 Posts
Hey - we were seconds apart again. Are you reading my mind?
How do you order a MY23 if you already have a Locked MY22 in the system? I tried thru the website and it wouldn’t let me. I got a message that said I already had a order and asked me to log into my VW account.

·
609 Posts
Order a 23! Take whichever one comes in first.
I have been fearful of that when I read VW was canceling orders to people who had multiple. That is the last thing I need! 🤯🤦🏻‍♂️

·
212 Posts
How do you order a MY23 if you already have a Locked MY22 in the system? I tried thru the website and it wouldn’t let me. I got a message that said I already had a order and asked me to log into my VW account.
So log in and then it will redirect you to order. I did this. You can track both in the same account. Some people create different email accounts (which is also fine) but you don't need to. They officially support it.

201 - 221 of 260 Posts