Volkswagen ID Forum banner
221 - 240 of 260 Posts

·
609 Posts
So you guys actually think those 2023 will be delivered before my locked 2022? If so I might do it.

·
609 Posts
For your Pro S RWD, I wouldn’t bet on that. Could be close though.
Really depends on what happens for your build in the next few weeks I’d say.
Wow not easy. 🤯 unless you personally find my order for the 2023 and tell them it’s for Adrian. 😝

·
1,209 Posts
So you guys actually think those 2023 will be delivered before my locked 2022? If so I might do it.
For your Pro S RWD, I wouldn’t bet on that. Could be close though.
Really depends on what happens for your build in the next few weeks I’d say.
So it won't hurt to put down 100 bucks now, see if any progress is made on your old 2022 MY order in the next 3-6 weeks, then in September cancel and get your refund back from whichever order looks likely to deliver later.

·
609 Posts
Think I am gonna hold and wait for my 2022.🤞🏻 I really appreciate you guys for sharing all this info and always answering questions. If you guys hear anything new please share. This is the best place to be for your ID4.

Reactions: Manybees

·
1,469 Posts
Wow not easy. 🤯 unless you personally find my order for the 2023 and tell them it’s for Adrian. 😝
This does make me wonder. Have any reservation holders for a 2022, that are locked, gotten an email or anything saying they are being switched to a 2023? I’ve seen people saying they were told to redo their order because they were switched to a 2023. But none of them seemed to be locked.

·
609 Posts
This does make me wonder. Have any reservation holders for a 2022, that are locked, gotten an email or anything saying they are being switched to a 2023? I’ve seen people saying they were told to redo their order because they were switched to a 2023. But none of them seemed to be locked.
yea only people that were reserved it seems.

·
64 Posts
I locked on 7/13 and haven't received any communication from VW about anything changing for mine.

·
380 Posts
Pro S AWD locked 4/11 here, no email, still status 03 online. Any inkling if a ‘23 might make it to me sooner than the ‘22 that is allegedly being produced in Germany for me?

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
i have a 411 locked reservation - no change, no email, no message via the portal.

Have just a reservation from 3 weeks ago, 01. When I logged into the portal, I got a message asking to review configuration based on MY23 options.

·
86 Posts
I have not received anything yet. I locked 7/13. I just reserved a MY2023 just in case. I have a feeling that all of us that locked will get something soon to we can re lock our orders. To me doesn't make sense getting a MY 2022 in December or January. And regarding the orders if VW start to change everybody to 2023 that will give them time to deliver even if deliveries are after Jan. But overall have mix feelings if they change me to MY2023. I wanted the moonstone color and the 52k MSRP, But there is also the premium sound system and the 360 camera on the MY2023. If it had the heat pump and one pedal drive I would be perfect for me. Let's see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
2,893 Posts
I have been fearful of that when I read VW was canceling orders to people who had multiple. That is the last thing I need! 🤯🤦🏻‍♂️
Just order one, you will be fine.

·
609 Posts
Person that works at VW just told me the following on FB.

This month is when they are implementing all the additional communication so we’ll see.

·
5 Posts
I have two orders:

#1 is for the Pro S (gradient) AWD, part of the 7/13 lock group, so far nada, zippo, no communication.
#2 is for the base Pro RWD in late July. Not locked. Got the MY switch notification on the reservation page today. Did the change to a '23 Pro RWD with a $1.3k price increase.

I assume the #1 would be shipping from Germany so I'll give it a few months, but could the '23 model arrive before the end of the year as well? It would be great if it could arrive by the end of the year so I can claim the tax credit under current rules.

·
676 Posts
Because VW has been so poor at communicating status, people desperate to get status have been treating the hidden codes as the gospel truth. But as I said, they're not really meant for public consumption, and are certainly not updating in real time and can sometimes (though not always) be wildly inaccurate. So who knows what anyone's real status is in this transition period between model years and between manufacturing plants.

You've made it this far, @Adrian23, so I would do my best to sit tight for a couple of more weeks and wait for the dust to settle. VW has to let the 2022 locked orders know their status soon. But if I were still locked for a 2022, I'd just put in an order for a 2023 today in a roughly equivalent config, and see which one comes in first and cancel the other for a refund.
Agreed on placing the second order. For me, the determinant as to which I take will depend on which (if either) ends up eligible for the Federal Tax Credit.

Dave

Reactions: Manybees

·
676 Posts
Not yet. I think they are posturing to build us a 2022 in Germany, which may not qualify for the Federal Tax Credit. If that happens, I will wish the dealer luck in selling a 2022 while others are getting 2023s. That is, unless he would like to discount the 2022 to avoid getting stuck with it.

Dave

Reactions: Plant Peon

·
Pro S with Gradient Package AWD King's Red
34 Posts
I haven't seen anything yet. But I do remember in that e-mail that someone got hold of that went to dealers said something about those being switched over later in Aug? I could be wrong.

Honestly I could live with either way, if it switches to a 23 I can drop down to the RWD Plus to save the increase in MSRP will just have to have a hitch installed aftermarket. Really wish that was an add on option. Don't need the AWD really and don't need the hitch for heavy towing, just for bike rack.

·
2019 Leaf SL+, waiting on an ID.4 AWD ProS, Dusk Blue
449 Posts
For my locked order (reserved 11/14; locked 4/11) -- I haven't had any communication about changes. For my 2nd order (placed at the end of June) -- when I logged onto the owner's portal, I was politely told to upgrade to a 2023 model--which I did. But I took a major shift and reserved the 2023 ID.4 S which has the 62 kWh battery. The ID.4 S seems more luxurious than the base model with leatherette seats, power tailgate, fancy headlights, rain sensing wipers, etc.--and it is $7K less than my original reservation. I think it some ways it will be like a clone of my Leaf (same silver color, same black interior) but that's okay. My husband loves the Leaf and he doesn't like driving a brand new car. The ID.4 was always supposed to be my car so now maybe that will happen!

I still have my original reservation (sitting at 03 status, no changes there) so now it is a race to see which car appears first and what I decide to do. Options are always good!

221 - 240 of 260 Posts