Volkswagen ID Forum banner
241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
43 Posts
For my locked order (reserved 11/14; locked 4/11) -- I haven't had any communication about changes. For my 2nd order (placed at the end of June) -- when I logged onto the owner's portal, I was politely told to upgrade to a 2023 model--which I did. But I took a major shift and reserved the 2023 ID.4 S which has the 62 kWh battery. The ID.4 S seems more luxurious than the base model with leatherette seats, power tailgate, fancy headlights, rain sensing wipers, etc.--and it is $7K less than my original reservation. I think it some ways it will be like a clone of my Leaf (same silver color, same black interior) but that's okay. My husband loves the Leaf and he doesn't like driving a brand new car. The ID.4 was always supposed to be my car so now maybe that will happen!

I still have my original reservation (sitting at 03 status, no changes there) so now it is a race to see which car appears first and what I decide to do. Options are always good!
I've got email today from VW. My 2022 Pro S, now becomes 2023 and will be made in Chattanooga not Germany as the dealer said. It is exactly 3 months after I reserved on May 7, 22. The price will be more for sure.

·
609 Posts
I've got email today from VW. My 2022 Pro S, now becomes 2023 and will be made in Chattanooga not Germany as the dealer said. It is exactly 3 months after I reserved on May 7, 22. The price will be more for sure.
Were you locked? edit looks like you were not so nothing new.

·
ID4 AWD Pro S, Glacier White, Lunar Grey interior
161 Posts
Do you mind sharing the email you got, less any personal information in it? Thx

·
64 Posts
I test drove at the dealer, and paid the first $100. I want to go back and pay $400. Are they supposed to contact me for this? I have not bought new car for the last 5 years. Maybe things change now.
You have to log into your VW portal and then when VW America says you can lock you pay $400 to lock the order. The dealership is just basically the place you pick it up and when your car is ready. Everything is done all online now through the portal.

·
162 Posts
I am guessing the spike in lock emails around 7/13 was to fill the last few ships of production from Germany. The 360 degree cameras and parking sensors would be great. If the tax rebate goes away so will my ID.4 purchase.

·
43 Posts
You have to log into your VW portal and then when VW America says you can lock you pay $400 to lock the order. The dealership is just basically the place you pick it up and when your car is ready. Everything is done all online now through the portal.
@MB99, thank you. I will try it.

·
43 Posts
I put the 100 in the website.
At this moment, I'm not locked yet. VW of America does not ask me to pay $400 yet. When I made the reservation at the dealership, the price for 2022 was $46.5K , ( RWD Pro S) and the sale guy said it will be made in Germany. Now VW of America says it will be made in Chattanooga and MY 2023 with price at $48.2K. What the heck!

·
609 Posts
At this moment, I'm not locked yet. VW of America does not ask me to pay $400 yet. When I made the reservation at the dealership, the price for 2022 was $46.5K , ( RWD Pro S) and the sale guy said it will be made in Germany. Now VW of America says it will be made in Chattanooga and MY 2023 with price at $48.2K. What the heck!
Sure, 23’s come with a price increase.

241 - 260 of 260 Posts