Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What dealer did you purchase your ID.4 from?
What was your buying experience like at your dealer?
What has been your experience at the service department?
Have you charged at Electrify America stations on Long Island?
If so, which ones and how were those experiences?

·
249 Posts
SMH, you have more than one EA station on an itty bitty island. My state has 1(one) in the entire state .

·
2 Posts
I got mine at bay motors in riverhead based mostly on what they priced my trade-in. The montauk EA station is across the street from the beach and worked great. plugged in at 5 percent, let the dog run around in the sand, 35 mins later, the car was at 75%

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SMH, you have more than one EA station on an itty bitty island. My state has 1(one) in the entire state .
We actually have 6 EA sites on the island. Long Island is the largest island in the contiguous United States. It is 118 miles long and 23 miles wide at the widest point. Total area is 1400 sq. miles.

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Population of Mississippi is less than 3 million:giggle:

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do the math. By that ratio we should be due 3 EA stations.
I agree. The concentration of electric vehicles probably has something to do with it as well.

·
249 Posts
That makes it a chicken or egg situation. We do have a reasonable network of Tesla Superchargers though, 6 that I can think of and well distributed.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,488 Posts
I thought it was Lon'guylan :ROFLMAO:

And although they're loathe to admit it, geographically Brooklyn and Queens are on Long Island, so large potential EV population on the 'west end.'

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought it was Lon'guylan :ROFLMAO:

And although they're loathe to admit it, geographically Brooklyn and Queens are on Long Island, so large potential EV population on the 'west end.'
Although there are many private houses in Brooklyn and Queens, many of the 4 million residents of those counties live in apartments and don't have the ability to charge at home. A much higher percentage of the 3 million residents of Nassau and Suffolk counties reside in private homes.

And yes, it is Lon'guylan!!

·
2 Posts
Although there are many private houses in Brooklyn and Queens, many of the 4 million residents of those counties live in apartments and don't have the ability to charge at home. A much higher percentage of the 3 million residents of Nassau and Suffolk counties reside in private homes.

And yes, it is Lon'guylan!!
I live in Brooklyn and there are two ID.4s that street park on my block (one being mine. we actually have the same color so it gets confusing)! We just use electrify america to charge. Traffic moves so slowly in NYC/BK that I barely use any energy driving around town.

Levi

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in Brooklyn and there are two ID.4s that street park on my block (one being mine. we actually have the same color so it gets confusing)! We just use electrify america to charge. Traffic moves so slowly in NYC/BK that I barely use any energy driving around town.

Levi
Do you charge at Valley Stream or Queens?

·
6 Posts
We bought a 1st edition out of Platinum VW in Hicksville in April- Manny there was a great, I highly recommend. Also live on the “west end”, street parking in Brooklyn- so use Queens Center Mall EA which is fine,- but the new Revel station in Brooklyn should be useful as well (though it will soon cost $$). Besides paid lots, NYC is currently a relative black hole (given population) for EV charging- especially DC fast charging.

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We bought a 1st edition out of Platinum VW in Hicksville in April- Manny there was a great, I highly recommend. Also live on the “west end”, street parking in Brooklyn- so use Queens Center Mall EA which is fine,- but the new Revel station in Brooklyn should be useful as well (though it will soon cost $$). Besides paid lots, NYC is currently a relative black hole (given population) for EV charging- especially DC fast charging.
I'm really surprised that there are no EA stations in Manhattan. The closest is Queens Mall or Secaucus, NJ. There are hundreds of others though, mostly in parking garages.

·
16 Posts
Just picked up a silver pro at Bayside VW. The buying experience was quick and friendly. Was able to be my June quote even thought the July quote was higher (money factor went from .00163 to .002). Not sure what voodoo math they did to get me down to the original but there was no change in money due or anything else just a lower monthly. I did screw up Though. After months of researching lease negotiation, getting numerous price quotes, and walking out of numerous dealers I forgot to double check the out the door price. I didn’t realize until it was time to do all the final paperwork. At that point I just accepted it. I was already into deep especially since i had traveled all the way from Brooklyn (could of saved 1+ hour of travel and $800 if I had gone back to Bayridge VW). I drove out to Mountak yesterday and charged at the EA station there (saw my first Pole Star charging up there as well as another ID4). Charging went fine the only issue is that the app didn’t quite connect or at least there was no record of charging instead it just pluggEd and charged. Took 43 min to go from 20 to90. Started at 110 kw/h. However since my app wasn’t working right I didn’t get notified of its completion so I idled for 14 minute. Other than that Im satisfied for now even if I ended up with a bum deal. Now to find a better insurance quote. USAA is charging me over $300 a month. Crazy.

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just picked up a silver pro at Bayside VW. The buying experience was quick and friendly. Was able to be my June quote even thought the July quote was higher (money factor went from .00163 to .002). Not sure what voodoo math they did to get me down to the original but there was no change in money due or anything else just a lower monthly. I did screw up Though. After months of researching lease negotiation, getting numerous price quotes, and walking out of numerous dealers I forgot to double check the out the door price. I didn’t realize until it was time to do all the final paperwork. At that point I just accepted it. I was already into deep especially since i had traveled all the way from Brooklyn (could of saved 1+ hour of travel and $800 if I had gone back to Bayridge VW). I drove out to Mountak yesterday and charged at the EA station there (saw my first Pole Star charging up there as well as another ID4). Charging went fine the only issue is that the app didn’t quite connect or at least there was no record of charging instead it just pluggEd and charged. Took 43 min to go from 20 to90. Started at 110 kw/h. However since my app wasn’t working right I didn’t get notified of its completion so I idled for 14 minute. Other than that Im satisfied for now even if I ended up with a bum deal. Now to find a better insurance quote. USAA is charging me over $300 a month. Crazy.
This weekend was a free weekend for everyone at EA. I charged Saturday and didn't get a receipt and it didn't show on my account like it normally does. Good luck with the new Pro!!

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the new Revel station in Brooklyn should be useful as well (though it will soon cost $$).
I was surprised to learn that the 25 chargers they have installed in this brand new facility are Tritium 75kW chargers. I would think that if you are building a charging facility these days the minimum speed should be 150kW. They say they have enough power to upgrade to 250 or 350. My question is what are you waiting for? Why invest in 2016 technology?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts