Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came back to my car at the end of my shift at work and no audio is working. Not even the built in navigation voice. The sound setting screen stays on “the sound settings will be available again soon.”

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S
43 Posts
I realize the last post on this topic was 5 months ago but I have had this problem a few times since picking up my car in May, 2021. It happened again this morning but I did not think to reset the Infotainment system. I will try that the next time it happens. I was wondering if anyone else has come up with an alternative solution to the "The sound settings will be available again soon" error message.

·
746 Posts
Do you have an android phone connected by chance? could be it is claiming the audio controls.
If that is the case, tap the voice button on the steering wheel to regain control in the car and then it should work again

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S
43 Posts
Thank you for your response.
Yes: I do have an Android phone connected wirelessly. I use ANDROID AUTO which I enjoy immensely.
Next time I have the problem I will try tapping the voice button on the steering wheel.

Just to confirm, the button you are referring to is the one on the top left of this picture?

Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive lighting

·
746 Posts
Thank you for your response.
Yes: I do have an Android phone connected wirelessly. I use ANDROID AUTO which I enjoy immensely.
Next time I have the problem I will try tapping the voice button on the steering wheel.

Just to confirm, the button you are referring to is the one on the top left of this picture?

View attachment 6420
correct, just a short tap, so the car listens to you. then you can say cancel or something to shut her up. After that audio should work again.
please let us know if this works.

BTW: if you hold it, you phone will listen instead, and that wouldn't fix the issue

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S
43 Posts
I am in the car now and I have the display on the infotainment showing the sound settings will be available again soon. I tapped the voice button on the steering wheel and the system came back and said what would you like to do? I said cancel and it went back to the sound setting screen indicating sound settings will be available again soon.

Next I tried holding the voice button down longer and it took me back to Android auto and asking me a question of what I wanted to do. I just said cancel. It left me an Android auto. I then went back to the home screen using the Blue square and it came back with the sound settings will be available again soon.

I then turned off the infotainment system by holding the power button for 15 seconds. Infotainment system rebooted and still came up saying the sound settings will be available again soon.

My next step will be to reboot my phone. I'm going to transmit this message and then I will let you know the result after rebooting my phone.

===

Rebooted my Android phone. Infotainment screen still shows SOUNDS SETTINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN SOON.

I believe that next time I get in the car it will probably have had time to reset and all will be well. Is there any other methods or testing you would like me to try next time this happens?

Geoff

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
118 Posts
Is the infotainment system completely booted up before turning the car on (pushing the brake or button on steering column)? Some people have noted issues if the infotainment system is not fully ready before the car's state changes.

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S
43 Posts
Xcaliburinhand: Interesting observation. Usually when I get in the car, I step on the brake pedal to get the systems in the car started. Would you suggest that I first sit in the driver's seat and wait for the infotainment system to wake up before stepping on the brake? I could also experiment with this to see if I am able to duplicate the volume control problem by trying one way and then the other (brake pedal first before Infotainment wake-up and visa versa).

One of the reasons I step on the brake pedal is to allow me to open the window(s). I can wait a few more seconds before doing this if necessary.

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE
118 Posts
Right sit in the seat to wake up the car and then turn the car on after Android Auto connects to your phone.

For the windows, you can press and hold the unlock button on your key fob or hold down the divers side window button, it will open all the windows without the car being on.

·
746 Posts
Ugh, that’s weird, so the volume buttons on the wheel are still unresponsive? Even after tapping the voice button? In that case it must have been another issue.

You could check by leaving your phone in the house and see if the car then still shows the same issue

·
2021 ID.4 Pro S
43 Posts
Thank you for the comments. The problem is intermittent so I have not been able to figure out the scenario that yields the problem.

I did try holding down the drivers side window button before putting my foot on the break. The windows did not open. Maybe there is another setting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts