Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my car sat in limbo on a "Port Hold "for several weeks in Germany. The car finally arrived in Baltimore March 22 to be delivered in Sarasota. I had gone this far and was pretty excited that I had now moved to Step 5. My ETA to dealer changed from Mid March to 21-27 April. So I checked with my Dealer yesterday and they said they had no info and did not know when the car was going to be delivered. VW Customer Service says they cannot get any information on delivery status and to check with the Dealer. Felt caught in a never ending "do loop".
Meanwhile, I see Pro Models now being delivered and Florida customers getting delivery two weeks ago of FEs ordered the same day as mine 9/23/20 that were on the same ship as mine arriving in Baltimore 22/23 March. So I asked myself "Why did I go through all the trouble to order an FE 6 months ago supposedly to have a "First to market" EV? In reality, I was just another guy in line with no priority different than anyone else. It had taken so long, with little communication from VW along the way. So frustrated, I cancelled my FE yesterday as I saw no real advantage in getting the car now and living through all the software bugs. I just lost the feeling that getting an FE was really going to be special.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,865 Posts
Very sorry to hear, but very understandable in your case. Hopefully you return with a later acquisition, possibly AWD?

·
Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 FE
1,026 Posts
Thanks for all your contributions on the forum, and happy trails (or should that be happy roads?).

·
ID.4 1st Edition Blue (acquired 4/20/2021) and ID.4 Pro/S (acquired 8/20/21)
330 Posts
I'm picking up a Dusk Blue FE (guy canceled and went for a White one instead) tonight and if all goes well at the dealer (no BS), I'll be cancelling my Pro/S which is on a carrier enroute to another dealer in Ocala, FL dealer (from Jacksonville) with a given delivery date of Friday 4/23. If there are any issues, I can fall-back to a different dealer. :)

·
394 Posts
We have a 2019 sel premium Tiguan we are trading for the ID.4. When we test drive the ID we really liked the size the feel and looks of the ID, plus it doesn’t take gas. What a bonus. Ours will be at the dealer in a couple a days. Sorry to hear you experience with the ID process wasn’t good. You will love the Tiguan we really like ours but the ID seems like the right car for us. Not worried about the bugs, with OTA updates the fixes will hit without you even knowing

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
I just lost the feeling that getting an FE was really going to be special.
I can tell you it is special. Too bad you were disappointed with the logistics and canceled the order. We have ours for just over 3 weeks and 1800 miles and we love it. We had one issue with the screen freezing but it corrected itself. The canceled orders are out there and if you change your mind you might find one. That is how we got ours. Good luck

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can tell you it is special. Too bad you were disappointed with the logistics and canceled the order. We have ours for just over 3 weeks and 1800 miles and we love it. We had one issue with the screen freezing but it corrected itself. The canceled orders are out there and if you change your mind you might find one. That is how we got ours. Good luck
Thanks. It is a great car. I went by the VW dealer yesterday and the one I ordered has still not arrived and they had no confirmed ETA. I will wait until things settle down.

·
Super Moderator
1,387 Posts
Thanks. It is a great car. I went by the VW dealer yesterday and the one I ordered has still not arrived and they had no confirmed ETA. I will wait until things settle down.
Give it some more time. It can't be too much longer!!

·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give it some more time. It can't be too much longer!!
Thanks. I had checked several times with dealer and VW customer service and they had no clue when it was coming from the Port in Baltimore. Over 4 weeks now and my ETA has changed 4 times. I will pass for now and see how the AWD ID4 is and there is always the Buzz coming!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts