Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I pulled into the Natick Mall and was surprised there were so few cars parked about. Then remembered they are pandemic short staffed and thus open at 11:00A. Having my pick of spots I noticed some big green dots on the tarmac of a row of spaces. "I wonder what those are?" Then saw the subject sign and dawn broke on Marble-head as I realized "hey, I can park there." ;)
When I came back a couple hours later the parking lots in general were quite filled and all those spots then taken. Most were hybrids with one other pure electric. But of course there was a huge gas guzzling SUV taking up a green spot as well. 馃槚 The clueless will be with us, always.

[No, I don't go to the Mall much these days; in fact this was doing a favor for my daughter.]

2021 ID.4 PRO S AWD
So yesterday I pulled into the Natick Mall and was surprised there were so few cars parked about. Then remembered they are pandemic short staffed and thus open at 11:00A. Having my pick of spots I noticed some big green dots on the tarmac of a row of spaces. "I wonder what those are?" Then saw the subject sign and dawn broke on Marble-head as I realized "hey, I can park there." ;)
When I came back a couple hours later the parking lots in general were quite filled and all those spots then taken. Most were hybrids with one other pure electric. But of course there was a huge gas guzzling SUV taking up a green spot as well. 馃槚 The clueless will be with us, always.

[No, I don't go to the Mall much these days; in fact this was doing a favor for my daughter.]
Isn't the Natick Mall kinda far for you? LOL

2021 VW ID.4 Pro S Dusk Blue
I see that a lot near my office. I also haven't seen any tickets issued to the vehicles there that aren't considered LEV either. I don't know if most places have an enforcement mechanism for it at all.

馃槚 The clueless will be with us, always.
There was once (some time ago), I saw in a packed parking lot of a mall an ICE car parked in the EV charging spot with the charger cable tucked away in the car's trunk. The driver obviously had gone into the mall. I found that hilarious at the time, but the lazy will be with us always as well.

Premium Member
Happy owner of a blue ID.4 First Edition
Very true, lazy and clueless will be ever-present.
Story time: Once upon a time my son owned a big and strong SUV, an old Bronco, a total gas guzzler. A lazy driver of a small Japanese car parked right at the loading dock of the store he worked at and blocked it when the delivery truck came. Out comes the Bronco and he pushed the parked car 20 feet down the alley. Left nary a scratch on the bumper, but massive tire abrasion. I am pretty sure that driver never parked near a loading dock again.

2021 ID.4 PRO S AWD
Yes, but what fathers will do for daughters 鈥 and granddaughters. ;)

Wellesley is my home town and I was pleased to find they hadn鈥檛 moved the mall. :ROFLMAO:
Well, if we ever do a meetup, we know that you鈥檒l be willing to drive to a far away location. 馃槤

Reactions: Huey52

Super Moderator
2021 FE Mythos Black
I have a part-time retirement job at a NY metro airport, and I walk usually 6-8 miles a day doing this job. There is a parking lot for all employees, directly across from the terminal, with handicapped spots right in front. Some of my co-workers have a handicap sticker and use these spots. The regular spots are no more than 300 feet from the handicap spots, and some are even closer. These folks are otherwise very nice people, but I just don't understand parking in a handicapped spot when you will go to work and walk a minimum of 6 miles in an 8-hour shift. There are people that use this lot that do not walk for their job, and using these spots would help them. Rant over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.