Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
314 Posts
This a second delay, the first was "OKTB" okay to buy, where apparently Ford holds a new model from shipping until they bless it (probably mostly by QA). OKTB was rumored to be some weeks later than expected.

Interestingly, Mach-E buyers get a VIN number shortly after their orders are accepted for production by the factory. Someone "hacked" a web app to allow buyers to query the Ford Ford database for their detailed configuration, status, and even the window sticker, which changes several times during build process (new dates anyway). Grab any VIN off of a site like cars.com or autotrader.com to try it out.

Note that for some odd reason, Ford lists all demo cars as for sale, but they are not. These demo vehicles can only be sold as new/demo after some thousands of miles of demo service by Ford / dealer contract). They are known as Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) vehicles.

Then, similar to our obsession with ships, they are able to track many of the Mach-e by train car and truck coming out of Mexico.

Even funnier, one of the Mach-E members works for a satellite reconnaissance company, and apparently tasked a satellite to photograph the storage lots in Mexico!

They also send out members with cameras to shipping terminals, such as Kansas City, much more serious obsessed tracking compared to us.

·
ID.4 ProS Gradient Dusk Blue waiting in North Hills?
461 Posts
Looks like we need to up our game. I thought hitting F5 constantly was enough.

·
ID.4 Pro S AWD / Waiting, waiting, waiting
635 Posts
Even funnier, one of the Mach-E members works for a satellite reconnaissance company, and apparently tasked a satellite to photograph the storage lots in Mexico!

They also send out members with cameras to shipping terminals, such as Kansas City, much more serious obsessed tracking compared to us.
I would hate to be an ex-girlfriend of those people.

Same thing was happening when I was waiting for my Model 3. There was satellite images of the Tesla parking lot to see how many cars were in the lot and other people were counting the transport trucks leaving from the factory to figure out how many were being produced. People had spreadsheets set up tracking all the deliveries and one site was providing delivery estimates based on your reservation date and other factors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts