Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
ID.4 FE
109 Posts
Ooohhh orange and white two tone paint job!

A bit let down by the interior though… the concept was looking so functional with the rail system. Maybe the long wheelbase version will have rails…

·
144 Posts
Interesting! Looks mind-numbingly conventional. That is a big plus for the Luddites among us... like my wife. :D Appears the 2/3 rear seat may be a little heavy for convenient removal/replacement, which is what we do in our Elements - one back seat.

Distinct treatment of the dead pedal is interesting. Didn't have enough time with our ID.4 test drive to look for details like that.

This is very good news for us. Renews my interest, although I was looking forward to the avant garde treatment of the concept interior. Orange and white would be a big thumbs-up from the wife, too.

·
384 Posts
It looks like a Creamcycle.

Just like the ID.4 1st Edition, it is meant to attract attention. Production models will certainly have more serious interiors ( like the ID.4).

·
1,255 Posts
Distinct treatment of the dead pedal is interesting. Didn't have enough time with our ID.4 test drive to look for details like that.
Dead pedal looks the same as the ID.4. Just plain black plastic. This is MEB platform cost-cutting. Even the ID.4 1st Ed. with the play/pause pedals got the plain black dead pedal. For comparison, see the MQB Mk 7.5 Golf pedals in my Alltrack; when they added the metal-look pedals to the SEL trim level, they included the dead pedal.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Vehicle Auto part

Reactions: LittleJoe

·
1,255 Posts
Notice that the drive selector is on the steering column and not on the instrument pod
Yeah, that's cool - I assume it's further away from the driver? In earlier ID.Buzz mule vehicles they had the ID.4 dash dropped in, so that's a change, along with the cupholders that fold out of the front. This indicates to me this is an actual ID.Buzz dash (which could of course change before they announce, but not likely).

·
1,255 Posts
I'm jealous that the instrument cluster shows 90% next to the battery icon ... unlike the ID.4 until you are about to run out.
Yeah, we're getting that ... ... whenever the next software release arrives! Not holding my breath though ;-)

Reactions: Ekroy

·
1,255 Posts
No rails?
That platform in the back is attached to something ... could be rails? Maybe they just did them for the third row? Can't really tell with it all covered...

·
ID4 Moonstone Grey Pro S AWD
100 Posts
Looks nice. A lot of stuff pulled from the ID4. Is this the short wheel base version? Looks like room for a 3rd row but nothing there. With the fixed middle row it looks like a huge 2 row SUV. I guess I'm used to my Caravan where the middle row can fold into the floor.

·
141 Posts
Dealer just told me they’ve shipped a bunch to Spain for media testing, so I imagine we’ll see a bunch of stuff online about the time of the official announcement. Canada is apparently getting short, long WB, and a Transporter version. No word on California camperized version yet, though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts