Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
PRO-S Gradient in Dusk Blue Metallic with Black interior/Tan inserts
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my ID4. Yes, it's a car and it's an EV. Done. Thanks!
So far still operating on Dealer's charge. As discover charging elsewhere, will give notice.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Bought a Blue with Black + Gradient trim out of dealer inventory. Great car!

·
Black ID.4 First Edition
12 Posts
Hey-o! Howard county here. Bought at Pohanka in Capitol Heights. Black First Edition.

·
2021 ID.4 First Edition / Dusk Blue
170 Posts
And I purchased the Dusk Blue FE in Baltimore. One month in - adjusting to the car's quirks (some of my own making!) - but still happy with the car. Really exploring how to achieve higher mileage, which has been one of the disappointments.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NeoFrank: Ditto! Seems efficiency falls at highway speeds. But I'm sure there's more I should be paying attention to. My 250 mile range....? Working on it. Recharged to 80% and quoted 250 miles. Have 245 on detach. Hmmmm.

·
903 Posts
Ellicott City, MD. FE purchased at Heritage Imports in Owings Mills, MD. Very happy with my transaction.
EA at Walmart less than 5 miles away. Long term 3.2 mi/kWh. Best is 4.0 mi/kWh.
Only regret is- I miss my Jetta Hybrid SEL-P🥲.

·
96 Posts
Got mine at Ourisman VW in Rockville. Pro-S, White. Topping up at EA at Clarksburg Outlet Shopping Center for now. ChargePoint+ Home Flex to be installed next week. So far, it’s the most fun since I drove an RX-7. That was a very long time ago.

·
ID. 4 Pro - Scale Silver
83 Posts
We live in Southern Carroll county and got ours Saturday in Frederick @ Fitzgerald VW. They were fair and reasonable, didn’t try and upsell packages more than mention they are available. Very happy with the car! Until we get evse at home I get to visit Walmart at Rte 29/40. Glad it’s halfway between work and home, and FREE

Noticed a neighbor with a white Pro S a few days before our pickup.

·
903 Posts
I've only seen 1 other ID4 "in the wild", charging at Arundel Mills.
Looking for some addition that will uniquify my FE.
Experienced one temporary binacle warning light (ACC) after charging at EA 29/40. Hot day, front pointing into the sun. Cleared as soon as I drove about 1 mile away. Haven't had any other issues.
Drove my FE from Key Bridge to I83 fully automatic. Forgot to hold the wheel once, until I started slowing down and I thought the guy behind was honking at me. It was my horn 😖.
Hope to see another ID4, "in the wild", one of these day.

·
170 Posts
Maryland IDers: there seem to be three EV perks.
  • An excise tax refund
  • An HOV permit, and
  • A charging equipment rebate (40%)
I've gotten the permit, besides there being just two HOV roads in the state; that was simple. My understanding is that the state hasn't funded the excise tax. Still waiting to install a charger...

What's your experience?

·
Black ID.4 First Edition
12 Posts
Maryland IDers: there seem to be three EV perks.
  • An excise tax refund
  • An HOV permit, and
  • A charging equipment rebate (40%)
I've gotten the permit, besides there being just two HOV roads in the state; that was simple. My understanding is that the state hasn't funded the excise tax. Still waiting to install a charger...

What's your experience?
  • Agree - the excise tax refund doesn't seem to be funded -- in fact, the webpage just says it's flatly no longer available (<!--Titling - Excise Tax Credit for Plug-in Electric Vehicles-->) -- so, not counting on that one coming along.
  • However, yes, I did succesfully get my $700 check for the EVSE install rebate.
  • And, I did get my HOV sticker (I never use Maryland HOV roads, but oh well)
  • And, not exactly a state thing, but I did get my BGE $300 rebate on the EVSE as well.

The BGE rebate is now showing as all-claimed: Electric Vehicles | Baltimore Gas and Electric Company

And, the state EVSE rebate appears to be out of funds, but will replenish on July 1, according to their site - Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Rebate Program

·
ID. 4 Pro - Scale Silver
83 Posts
@bemused Who did you use for install of evse? I’m hoping to get a home flex hardwired (48 amp)to take full advantage of the built in charger. If that fails I’ll probably pivot and order a plug in mini Grizzl-e (40amp) so that we have a good charger for both home and travel use. If you prefer message me with recommendation, thanks in advance!

·
Black ID.4 First Edition
12 Posts
@bemused Who did you use for install of evse? I’m hoping to get a home flex hardwired (48 amp)to take full advantage of the built in charger. If that fails I’ll probably pivot and order a plug in mini Grizzl-e (40amp) so that we have a good charger for both home and travel use. If you prefer message me with recommendation, thanks in advance!
Had a good experience with Tristar Electric of Jessup, which found me by my putting in a request with Qmerit. The hard part was getting a Chargepoint in a reasonable amount of time. But I learned that they do pop into stock at Amazon occasionally, if you’re tracking it closely.

Private message me if you want to come see the install or try the charger out.

·
903 Posts
Had a good experience with Tristar Electric of Jessup, which found me by my putting in a request with Qmerit. The hard part was getting a Chargepoint in a reasonable amount of time. But I learned that they do pop into stock at Amazon occasionally, if you’re tracking it closely.
I'm not planning to charge at home for another 2 yrs and 20 months. I'm lucky to have an EA station at Walmart Rt29/Rt40, 4 miles away. And another EA station 7 miles at Walmart MD175/Dobbin Rd near the Columbia MVA.
But if MD releases some more rebate/credit money sooner I'll probably get an EVSE.
I'm also watching for newer, cheaper, more internet capable models.
I'm thinking in 5 yrs we'll be charging with AT&T or Verizon 7GDC 🤣😂🤣.

·
Waiting for ID.4 Pro S
42 Posts
Tristar Electric of Jessup installed mine too, I used Chargepoint charger...Great service and friendly. Would recommend them without question. I had installed a new 50amp line installed in the garage. I was able to get the BG&E and State refund....but that was back in March.

·
1 Posts
Got mine at Ourisman VW in Rockville. Pro-S, White. Topping up at EA at Clarksburg Outlet Shopping Center for now. ChargePoint+ Home Flex to be installed next week. So far, it’s the most fun since I drove an RX-7. That was a very long time ago.
We purchased with Ourisman in Rockville, too. Phillip and Johnny were great to work with, both really helped smooth things over when some issues popped up in the buying process and stayed very late to accommodate our schedule on our pickup day. I can't recommend those two enough.

Working on the EVSE now, can't decide on which to go with.

Blue Pro S. We're mostly loving it.

·
170 Posts

Private message me if you want to come see the install or try the charger out.
So I'm just getting around to choosing a charger and installer. I noticed that BGE is not presently providing rebates ($300) for chargers, and that there was a requirement that it be a specific charger (they identify 4 chargers). What's unclear is whether any smart Level 2 charger can use BGE's Time of Use rates. The language is a bit ambiguous about "eligible chargers" which would appear to reference those eligible for the rebate -- but I'm unclear.

Would any Marylanders have insights on this?

·
35 Posts
So I'm just getting around to choosing a charger and installer. I noticed that BGE is not presently providing rebates ($300) for chargers, and that there was a requirement that it be a specific charger (they identify 4 chargers). What's unclear is whether any smart Level 2 charger can use BGE's Time of Use rates. The language is a bit ambiguous about "eligible chargers" which would appear to reference those eligible for the rebate -- but I'm unclear.

Would any Marylanders have insights on this?
I have a ChargePoint 32amp EVSE that I have taking advantage of the TOU rate with BGE. You need to use a qualified brand that will register / connect you to the BGE EVsmart TOU program. When you fill out your application you’ll be redirected to the EVSE manufacturer site to register. I’m pretty sure your equipment must be connected to wifi (at least initially) to get it working.

·
96 Posts
Maryland MVA - HOV Permit
How long should it take to get an HOV permit? The VW dealer does not issue them but the MVA web site list it as the first source. I filled out the application and mailed it to the Maryland MVA about a month ago and never got the permit. How long has it taken other Maryland ID.4 owners?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts