Volkswagen ID Forum banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
6 Posts
The parts that are circled in the picture are not the issues that person is pointing out. Those circled areas correspond to the waviness of the hood (the part you see when the hood is closed) up top.
Ah. Sorry, the original post was a bit ambiguous, and the photo was just showing the under-hood structure, not the top of the hood.

·
2021 1st
741 Posts
Ah. Sorry, the original post was a bit ambiguous, and the photo was just showing the under-hood structure, not the top of the hood.
Yeah, I kept looking at it trying to figure out why that was problematic and then I finally noticed they linked a video of the issue.

·
45 Posts
Would the massage feature be considered a mechanical issue? So I've been running into this weird behavior where my Massage Seat function automatically turns on when I get into the car and I can't turn it off. This has happened maybe like 1/4 times when I enter my car. I can't turn off the massage feature until it finishes. I think it might be the button for the massage feature that isn't working cause even if I manually turn it on, I can't turn it off manually.

So for every four times I drive my car, there'll be one time where my drive automatically gives me a massage for 10 minutes whether I ask for it or not.

Going to the dealer tomorrow to see what's the deal but wondering if anyone else ran into that.
Not to take away from the fact that this is indeed a big mechanical problem that makes me wonder about VW, but I just had to laugh aloud how much fun a standup comic would have with this first world problem. “D*mn it, I’m so tired of getting free massages in my luxury vehicle!“.

·
2 Posts
Yeah, I kept looking at it trying to figure out why that was problematic and then I finally noticed they linked a video of the issue.
I see now that my original post was unclear, so have edited it for clarity. This issue is, as you figured out, on top of the hood with the bracing underneath seemingly being a contributing factor.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,213 Posts
Case in point for being very careful if anyone intends to make their own Frunk out of the "free space." Objects left under any hood/bonnet can often lead to deformations, especially if the sheetmetal is hot from the Sun and ambient air (and/or engine heat in ICE vehicles).

VW has always been very good at "sum of the parts" structure design & implementation. Every brace serves a purpose and shares/distributes much of the load. Therefore again anything else interposed can cause an issue.

I'm not implying that this was your situation Cittran, just an opportunity to point out a related matter.
I see now that my original post was unclear, so have edited it for clarity. This issue is, as you figured out, on top of the hood with the bracing underneath seemingly being a contributing factor.

·
8 Posts
Anyone else had the trunk latch fail to fully open? Mine is stuck halfway open, it can close, and will re-open to the halfway position. But it doesn't open wide enough to get around the pin on the frame:

·
8 Posts
I was able to get it to latch by manually moving the latch back into its socket with a screwdriver as
a pry tool. We're about 100mi from home right now, with the dog riding in the back, so I guess she'll have to climb in from the back seats for the trip home.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,213 Posts
Can you grab some WD-40 or Mystery Oil or 3-in-1? Any penetrant type. That may help.
I was able to get it to latch by manually moving the latch back into its socket with a screwdriver as
a pry tool. We're about 100mi from home right now, with the dog riding in the back, so I guess she'll have to climb in from the back seats for the trip home.

·
8 Posts
I don't have any with me, and the car's only a month old. At this point, since I've latched it so it's secure for the drive home I can't easily get it unlatched, and I'm just going to take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty.

·
1 Posts
Ok, this may be mechanical.. I am fairly certain it is an electrical issue. I cannot open my driver's door! I had the doors set to unlock with remote access but not automatically unlock when approaching. This morning I got into the driver's door with no issue. At lunch from work I went to open the door and it would not open. This happened a couple times over the past week or so and resolved itself. Now, it just won't stay unlocked. I tried the other doors and they were all unlocked. The lock/unlock button on the inside of the front doors only lock the doors now and won't unlock them. The key fob unlocks all the doors except the driver's side. When you click the "unlock" button on the key fob there are 2 audible clicks inside the driver's door. I believe it is unlocking then immediately locking again.. I am able to override the locking mechanism from inside the car by pulling the door handle completely and rapidly twice. I believe it may be heat induced. It seems to occur mostly in the heat of the day (80⁰-90⁰ and humid). My guess is that there is a circuit accidentally closing because of heat expansion telling the door to stay locked. I bet that same circuit is connected to the lock buttons on the inside of each front door too. Anyone else having any issues like this?
We are having the same issue. My husband took it to the dealer today for trunk latch issues. They have to order a new cord for that. They washed it and sent him home. When he got home he couldn’t get out of the drivers side door. All the other doors were working. I noticed the drops of water and wonder if it has something to do with getting an internal mechanism wet. Still trying to figure it out.

·
2 Posts
Went to go get in my car today and got 3 notifications the first one stated "electric system not working correctly. safely stop the vehicle". The second one had something to do with the drive train not working and the last with the 12v battery. The car would only shift to neutral. Now the doors won't open, you can hear them unlock but none will open from the inside or the outside.

·
8 Posts
We are having the same issue. My husband took it to the dealer today for trunk latch issues. They have to order a new cord for that. They washed it and sent him home. When he got home he couldn’t get out of the drivers side door. All the other doors were working. I noticed the drops of water and wonder if it has something to do with getting an internal mechanism wet. Still trying to figure it out.
Got it to the dealer and they told us the same thing (need to replace the cable and motor). Parts are on back order, so hopefully they arrive and can fix soon. They must have loosened something up, since the latch seems to open more consistently now, but still doesn't open all the way.

·
2 Posts
Tail light bar on trunk lid, with VW emblem, was coming off and a deep "clunk" when hitting a pothole in the road. Both on my list of things for the check-up on Monday...
Yeah, I heard the "clunk" sound twice yesterday on our trip to Tahoe and back. I was thinking it might have been the batteries heating up and "popping" the mounting adhesive, or possibly tweaking the mounting tray from the heat...?

·
4 Posts
I have 4 issues
1)Rear view mirror is loose, later service person found that it is not attached and needs to replace windshield
2)Left side of the trunk makes squeaking noise when driving on slightly uneven road
3)Steering wheel squeaks when rotating
4)Front brakes makes noise whenever i brake tightly

·
469 Posts
I have 4 issues
1)Rear view mirror is loose, later service person found that it is not attached and needs to replace windshield
2)Left side of the trunk makes squeaking noise when driving on slightly uneven road
3)Steering wheel squeaks when rotating
4)Front breaks makes noise whenever i break tightly
Wow😳.
The only mechanical issue I've kinda had is the rear horizontal light strips and rear logo being a little loose. When I'm in the back of my FE, when I remember to, I press the strips in tight. The passenger side strip is sometimes a little loose.

·
4 Posts
Wow😳.
The only mechanical issue I've kinda had is the rear horizontal light strips and rear logo being a little loose. When I'm in the back of my FE, when I remember to, I press the strips in tight. The passenger side strip is sometimes a little loose.
Did pressing strips fix it permanently ?

·
VW ID.4 FE Dusk Blue
103 Posts
it won’t, the dealer will need to fit more tight brackets to hold the strip in.

(if only they would have used mechanical (un)fastners 😂)
I had this fix done at the dealer, and it seems better now. There’s a bulletin or something about it so should be no issue getting it done under warranty, and I got a loaner car for the day.

·
4 Posts
Also one more annoying thing is i have to pull the door handle 2 times all the way to open the door. Dealer says all other ID4's do the same thing, Is there anything i can do in settings so that door opens with one pull

·
VW ID.4 FE Dusk Blue
103 Posts
Also one more annoying thing is i have to pull the door handle 2 times all the way to open the door. Dealer says all other ID4's do the same thing, Is there anything i can do in settings so that door opens with one pull
Try pulling not as hard. There is an electronic release followed by a mechanical one, and by pulling hard you’re triggering the mechanical one. Listen for the door to open after a light pull, then just push it open.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts