Volkswagen ID Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
ID.4 1st Edition Dusk Blue
15 Posts
Random, but notice this today, it's like something is missing from the interior of the trunk lid?

Anybody know what it is?

·
91 Posts
View attachment 3874 Random, but notice this today, it's like something is missing from the interior of the trunk lid?

Anybody know what it is?

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
1,213 Posts
Another of those things that Europe gets, but we in the USA don't. 🤷‍♂️
But thanks to fellow members there's an easy and cost effective solution. ;)

btw: I just noticed that in my kindly linked post above I cited I had no need for the EV emergency pack ... but then subsequently bought it. :ROFLMAO: But the case does nicely organize items in the aft below floor cubby.

3555-a81c72cbdd57d6a1173053f1bff5e4fc.jpg

My warning triangle arrived yesterday. Took a little over 2-weeks. Just about the time I had forgotten about it, there it was.

·
469 Posts
My warning triangle arrived yesterday. Took a little over 2-weeks. Just about the time I had forgotten about it, there it was.
State Farm is my insurance company and they have white reflective bumper stickers for advertising.
In the past, I have placed 2 each on the inside edge of my driver's side doors (I don't leave them open) and 2 on the lower inside edge of the trunk. Not viewable with the doors or trunk closed. Guess I'll have to drop by their office.
At night, they reflect brightly and kinda warn on-coming cars of an obstacle ahead along the side of the road.

·
ID.4 Pro S, Moonstone Gray w/Galaxy Black
30 Posts
After receiving the vehicle back after a Battery Coolant Pump replacement, we got a message/error on our way to dinner that the "Aux air conditioning system was not working correctly. Please service the vehicle". However, the error went away after we returned back to the car to leave. We made note of the issue and brought it up with the dealer on our 60 day (was actually 40 days) check. They discovered that the Air Compressor had failed. Got the same old story that VW Corp wanted them to replace the compressor, and they will need to replace the parts. We have owned the vehicle for about 40 days and it has now spent about 15 of them with the dealer. I hate to say it but I am quickly becoming a believer that VW rushed this to market and threw the QA process to the wind.

·
45 Posts
After receiving the vehicle back after a Battery Coolant Pump replacement, we got a message/error on our way to dinner that the "Aux air conditioning system was not working correctly. Please service the vehicle". However, the error went away after we returned back to the car to leave. We made note of the issue and brought it up with the dealer on our 60 day (was actually 40 days) check. They discovered that the Air Compressor had failed. Got the same old story that VW Corp wanted them to replace the compressor, and they will need to replace the parts. We have owned the vehicle for about 40 days and it has now spent about 15 of them with the dealer. I hate to say it but I am quickly becoming a believer that VW rushed this to market and threw the QA process to the wind.
I understand when you have parts fail on a new car. I had many parts that didn't work on my Tesla model 3 post delivery and the service sucks as they didn’t have parts for months. I mean 3-6 months. At least it won't take long for you i hope with VW.

·
ID 4 First Edition - Black
59 Posts
I have 4 issues
1)Rear view mirror is loose, later service person found that it is not attached and needs to replace windshield
2)Left side of the trunk makes squeaking noise when driving on slightly uneven road
3)Steering wheel squeaks when rotating
4)Front brakes makes noise whenever i brake tightly
I'm also getting squeezing noise from my brakes whenever I stop with anything other than engine braking. Not thrilled about that.

·
8 Posts
I have appointment with dealer tomorrow about the brake noise and clicking sunroof shade while retracting.
I thought at first the brake noise was suspension.

·
8 Posts
I have appointment with dealer tomorrow about the brake noise and clicking sunroof shade while retracting.
I thought at first the brake noise was suspension.
Bad news on the brake noise when coming to a complete stop quickly. It’s “normal”. They didn’t say but I would think the creaking noise is due to the weight of the car. Just a guess.
Replacing the sunroof shade due to the clicking noise. Parts coming in next week for the install.

·
122 Posts
Bad news on the brake noise when coming to a complete stop quickly. It’s “normal”. They didn’t say but I would think the creaking noise is due to the weight of the car. Just a guess.
Is this a creaking noise accompanied by a slight rocking backwards (and maybe forwards) right as you come to a full stop? It almost feels as if the suspension mounts are loose?

I've got this. And yes, it's most likely because the car is heavy. The unstated part of that is the car is heavy and the suspension isn't engineered correctly for the weight. No reason it should have to do that.

·
8 Posts
Is this a creaking noise accompanied by a slight rocking backwards (and maybe forwards) right as you come to a full stop? It almost feels as if the suspension mounts are loose?

I've got this. And yes, it's most likely because the car is heavy. The unstated part of that is the car is heavy and the suspension isn't engineered correctly for the weight. No reason it should have to do that.
Yes. The same noise. Early on I suspected the suspension but I heard the same letting off the brakes.
My Toyota does the same but not as extreme as the ID.4

·
ID.4 Pro, Mythos Black
133 Posts
Mine never squeeke. It makes more like a thump noise when brakes fully engage, which sound normal to me

·
ID.4 Pro S Moonstone Grey
144 Posts
Replacing the sunroof shade due to the clicking noise. Parts coming in next week for the install.
I had sunshade replaced for clicking - dealer did it in 2-3 hours, super efficient considering they need to remove A,B,C pillar covers and headliner.

·
8 Posts
I had sunshade replaced for clicking - dealer did it in 2-3 hours, super efficient considering they need to remove A,B,C pillar covers and headliner.
The tech said after talking to VW (Germany??) that this is a known issue. Went on to say they are learning as we go. I told them yes, I understand that I am somewhat a beta tester😁

·
Dusk Blue ID.4 FE, 2X - 2004 Phaeton V8
404 Posts
Mine does a similar rocking thing at the final part of the stop with a little creak/groan noise and I am pretty sure it is part of the transition from regen to mechanical braking. if I am on the brakes hard, and on the actual friction brakes, it doesn't seem to be there, but if I creep it up to the stop under regen and then engage the mechanical brakes to hold it I get those symptoms.

Reactions: theboomr and BlueDH

·
58 Posts
I notice a light clunk/thunk when ACC stops the car while using it in stop-n-go traffic. (US style brake hold) I have assumed that it is a servo-actuator after completing the stop subsequently running up the pressure in the braking system to the equivalent of the parking brake.

·
8 Posts
Noticed today while running front windshield wiper the driver side which is longer than the passenger side does not move smoothly and kind of flops when moving across the windshield. Anyone else?

·
2021 VW ID.4 FE
52 Posts
Noticed today while running front windshield wiper the driver side which is longer than the passenger side does not move smoothly and kind of flops when moving across the windshield. Anyone else?
Same here, specifically the lower quarter of the driver side blade.

·
8 Posts
Same here, specifically the lower quarter of the driver side blade.
Exactly.
Wipers are too flexible IMO. Especially the longer one.
I really like the ID.4 but coming from Toyota and owning a Lexus, I’m seeing where VW has obviously cut some corners to save money.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts