Volkswagen ID Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
227 Posts
When I test drove one last month, I was told to drive in regen because the other options are going away. I guess it‘s true!

·
8 Posts
Wow... For me this is a game changer... Look at the standard features of the RWD Model Y compared to the ID.4, literally the only thing ID.4 has going for it is the manufacturing. With the RWD Model Y you still get the premium interior, meaningful software upgrades, and the option of FSD (I'm not interested though, I like driving my car)... Not to mention as stated in another post, that Tesla is going to hold its value alot better than the ID.4

The con list for the ID.4 just keeps growing...

And no I'm not a Tesla fanboy, just a realist. Trying to make the best decision I can for me.
I agree with all and add that Tesla has true one pedal driving. It's too bad VW doesn't give that option because that will make my decision.

·
8 Posts
Texas will have many manufacturing improvements over Fremont. Single castings of both front and rear sections, new battery tech (4680) and a state of the art paint process. I believe that quality issues will be a thing of the past. Keep an eye on the Berlin product as it will be online prior to Texas.

·
171 Posts
Reports are that the China made Teslas are of better quality then the Fremont produced ones so that would be a sign that Texas would be improved as well. However, if you live on the West Coast, you will still get the Y & 3 from the Fremont factory even after Texas is up and running.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts