Volkswagen ID Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
28 Posts
Ended up taking a lot of pictures of Pro Moonstone Gray today (over 100). Will do a separate post of many of them later today.
Thanks! Ours is still at Stage 3, so watching the pictures is the best we can do.

·
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition, Dusk Blue <3
335 Posts
Interesting how many new cars have the vent holes, even without cooled seats. Lexus, Porsche, etc.
I could be wrong but I think it does help the seat surface stay slightly ventilated just with natural air movement, so you don't stick to it quite as much as you would with just a totally flat leather surface.

·
451 Posts
I could be wrong but I think it does help the seat surface stay slightly ventilated just with natural air movement, so you don't stick to it quite as much as you would with just a totally flat leather surface.
I believe you are correct. I have never owned leather seats but I have the faux leather with vents on my e-Golf and they still get way to hot in the summer.

·
201 Posts
I am definitely liking the Pro/Pro S styling treatment over the FE! The more I saw of the FE the less I cared for the silver roof sides, silver along bottom of bumpers, and black mirrors.

·
451 Posts
Just added another post with the Pro RWD in Moonstone Gray. I might be biased but I think the gray is the best choice with the Pro trim level. The exterior and interior go well together.

·
89 Posts
My dealer just texted me these... going to get today or tomorrow! Woo hoo! It’s a Pro S Gradient... I’ll post more pics when I get it!

·
201 Posts
This non-metallic light gray is SO trending right now. I just did 350 miles for work today and so many new models have this color option - f150, crv, rogue, civic, Tacoma are just a few of the ones I saw.

·
Proud FE owner
949 Posts
I love my Dusk Blue, but Moonstone looks really great on the ID.4 - very vintage VW in my mind.

·
89 Posts
I love it. Mine is same, I hope it gets off Aristotle in Jacksonville.
Mine came from Jacksonville. My dealer called me this morning to tell me it was being loaded onto the truck, and would be here between today and Saturday. Guess it came today!

Reactions: CBID4

·
13 Posts
My dealer just texted me these... going to get today or tomorrow! Woo hoo! It’s a Pro S Gradient... I’ll post more pics when I get it!

View attachment 2948 View attachment 2949
Excited to see your result.
My wife and I are just finalizing what we want (and then deciding whether to place an order or just wait until July and see what's on the lots)
Moonstone Gradient is high on our list, though we may end up opting for white.

When did you place your order? Just trying to understand what the current timeline from order to delivery is now that production is really underway - most of my internet searches are still pulling up the sept-> FE times so it's hard to judge. (This would be our first new car purchase so we are a bit noobs when it comes to a lot of this - been watching lots of YouTube vids and learning fast)

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Excited to see your result.
My wife and I are just finalizing what we want (and then deciding whether to place an order or just wait until July and see what's on the lots)
Moonstone Gradient is high on our list, though we may end up opting for white.

When did you place your order? Just trying to understand what the current timeline from order to delivery is now that production is really underway - most of my internet searches are still pulling up the sept-> FE times so it's hard to judge. (This would be our first new car purchase so we are a bit noobs when it comes to a lot of this - been watching lots of YouTube vids and learning fast)
Congrats. This is out first new car since 2004. We placed our order on 4/4 and and it locked on 4/15. Figure I have a good 8+ weeks to wait after it locks according to everything I’ve heard from VW. We went for Moonstone Pro S Gradient.

Of course, I’m in no rush to get exactly what we want. Long story, we had placed an order for a different car (ICE), but made a shift.

I’ve got another car to drive until it arrives.

·
ID.4 1st Edition White / Lunar Grey
457 Posts
Looking at the photos of the gradient package vs. base photos, this is the first I'm really taking notice of how the glass roof sticks out when it's not bordered by black paint. I probably hadn't picked up on this because most of the pics have been 1st Editions with black roofs. I've been enamored with how well this slab of glass disappears when anybody is looking from outside, yet inside it's the dominant feature.

·
13 Posts
My New Pro S with Gradient! I don't think the pictures do this color justice. It's beautiful.

View attachment 3023 View attachment 3024 View attachment 3025
Lovely!

Can you take some interior shots? I'm wondering how dark (or not) it is.

So cool. Such a great color
Beautiful color indeed! Can you confirm whether the dash has the brown stitched surface?
(And the open question about whether there is a notch where the hitch would go if installed too, I guess)

:)

21 - 40 of 59 Posts