Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yesterday, my car is not communicating with the Car-Net app. Really it only provided an update for the car's charge state and not much else. Pretty useless for the most part and it would be laughable if VW made you pay for it. However I like looking at it's state of charge. Also adjusting the air conditioner since it's getting warm. Apparently those are the only two things it does so far on the ID4 which by the way I love (the car).
So this morning I contacted VW for this issue. The phone number for Car Net is a chore to find but I manage to contact an individual at VW. They were nice a friendly but had no idea what the problem was. They gave me the Car Net number 833-648-2735. They also told be that somewhere on the car's screen there is an "i". So press that to contact Car Net. I was told that they were going to investigate or do something on their end to resolve the problem. After four hours, no resolution. I called back, and they told me that the Car Net app wasn't compatible with the ID4. Very odd. It seems like this is something the dealer should be telling new owners. Instead they tell you to register your car with Car Net. Now I've been given the number to technicians that are specifically dealing with Car Net and the ID4. It is 800-822-8987. I haven't tried this yet, but will give it a try.

·
1 Posts
Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to get my Car-Net to tell me anything. I guess it's good to know that it's not personal, but I hope VW gets all the features working soon!

·
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to get my Car-Net to tell me anything. I guess it's good to know that it's not personal, but I hope VW gets all the features working soon!
Same issue here. Check your infotainment screen to see if you’re picking up the internet signal. The reason my carnet stopped working because it had no internet connection so it can’t communicate. It’s been 3 days at the dealership and they still have not figured out what’s wrong with it.

·
Super Moderator
ID.4 1st Edition
2,865 Posts
Also check your own cellphone. After charging last night I checked my Car-Net App and it didn't show any update, although my ChargePoint App did. Then I noticed my iPhone was in 5G mode. I cycled WiFi off/on and then Car-Net, eventually, updated. 🤷‍♂️
I believe most of us are underwhelmed with the Car-Net App, although as long as I can pre-condition the cockpit with it, the rest I can do with other, better, Apps.

·
68 Posts
Is Car-Net supposed to find my car just by setting up the app? It shows the car's SN ok, and dealer did whatever they do at time of sale Battery Level shows "unknown"; Manage Battery Settings, Start Charging (greayed out) and Car Climate are the only 3 items shown. Touching any of them returns a message "Your vehicle does not have the required subscription to perform this action."

·
181 Posts
Is Car-Net supposed to find my car just by setting up the app? It shows the car's SN ok, and dealer did whatever they do at time of sale Battery Level shows "unknown"; Manage Battery Settings, Start Charging (greayed out) and Car Climate are the only 3 items shown. Touching any of them returns a message "Your vehicle does not have the required subscription to perform this action."
It won't track the location. The 3 things you see plus a map to search for charge stations are the only options available under the free tier. They should be active.

If you click the account icon at the top left and go to 'vehicle information' it should list your car and the following 'enrolled services':
Remote Access
Plus Nav
Plus Speech

If you log in on the website they should also be listed and have an expiration date of 3 years from purchase.

·
68 Posts
It won't track the location. The 3 things you see plus a map to search for charge stations are the only options available under the free tier. They should be active.

If you click the account icon at the top left and go to 'vehicle information' it should list your car and the following 'enrolled services':
Remote Access
Plus Nav
Plus Speech

If you log in on the website they should also be listed and have an expiration date of 3 years from purchase.
Wow, thanks, I hadn't found that.
"Enrolled Services" shows:
Verizon Wi-Fi Trial
Plus Speech

I guess I'll start with the dealer, then call Car-Net, to find out when they turn on.
Maybe some components are affected by the current ransom. I've got other sevices out at unrelated vendors over that.

·
1st Edition
322 Posts
Wow, thanks, I hadn't found that.
"Enrolled Services" shows:
Verizon Wi-Fi Trial
Plus Speech

I guess I'll start with the dealer, then call Car-Net, to find out when they turn on.
Maybe some components are affected by the current ransom. I've got other sevices out at unrelated vendors over that.
If you call CarNet, prepare for disappointment. They are very much not customer oriented

1 - 8 of 8 Posts