Volkswagen ID Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2022, Pro S Gradient, AWD, King Red, Carter VW
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Seattle, and take delivery in next month or so. But in reviewing the owners' manual, it sounds like the motion sensor automatically turns on if the car is locked. Is there a way to disable the motion sensor if the car is locked and on a ferry?

·
1,216 Posts
I live in Seattle, and take delivery in next month or so. But in reviewing the owners' manual, it sounds like the motion sensor automatically turns on if the car is locked. Is there a way to disable the motion sensor if the car is locked and on a ferry?
There was a motion sensor alarm going off over and over on the Kingston - Edmonds run today. Very annoying.

Dave

·
ID.4 Pro S RWD
230 Posts
I'm guessing you were perhaps reviewing the PDF version of the UK manual that has been widely circulated? The one with the "Anti-theft alarm" section that begins on page 83? If so, and if that's the source of your concern, you should know that the US version of the manual does not even contain that section. As far as I know, no North American ID.4 models have any of the motion-based alarm features mentioned in that manual. No anti-tow alarm, no movement alarm, no interior movement monitor, etc. It'll be fine on the ferry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts